Topcoder Extension for VSCode
Welcome to the Topcoder Extension for VSCode ! Are you a Topcoder competitor? Are you tired of clicking around websites and would much rather use your keyboard? Then this is the extension for you! With this extension you can interact with the Topcoder platfrom all from within the comfort and safety of your IDE. With this extension you can:
- Find active challenges
- Register for a challenge
- Check out a project starter pack
- Submit your solutions to a challenge
- View your scores for your submissions
So install this extension and get Topcodering today!
This extension is meant to closely integrate the Topcoder platform with VSCode, the text editor, to allow the user to perform actions related to the Topcoder platform from within the editor, without having to open a browser.
Setup your environment
- Before you can use the extension, you need to provide your Topcoder credentials
- This extension provides two settings in this regard
TCVSCodeIDE.credentials.username: Your Topcoder username
TCVSCodeIDE.credentials.password: Your Topcoder password
You can also set them in your Extension specific Settings:
The extension provides several commands in the Command Palette:
- Topcoder: Login to login in Topcoder using your username and password.
- Topcoder: Logout to clear the stored login token.
- Topcoder: View open challenges to list active challenges in a tabular view. Upon clicking on a challenge title, challenge details will be displayed in a new tab.
- Topcoder: Upload submission to upload the current workspace to topcoder challenge.
- Topcoder: Clone a repository to clone a gitlab/github public repository.
- Topcoder: Clone templates to clone a template - available at Topcoder Templates
The extensions adds an activity bar item that has 3 sections.
- Your Active Contests will list all the contests that you have registered to.
- Your Active Submissions will list all the submissions that you have done. You will be able to view the reviews and artifacts (if any) for the submission.
- Home has 3 parts, which will allow you to access the extension features guide, the setup guid or the list of all active challenges respectively.
- You can view the list of open challenges in the Topcoder platform
- You can view the details of a challenge
- You can register for open challenges
- You can initialize your workspace after registering for a challenge. This creates a
.topcoderrc file with the challenge details present in it. This file is used by the extension and never to be altered manually
- You can also clone challenge repositories right into your workspace
- You can also clone a template repository from Topcoder Templates into your workspace
- You can clone any public gitlab or github repository into your workspace
- If your workspace is initialized, you can see the time until the end of the submission phase in the side bar
- You can also see the current time (as used by the Topcoder platform, for example in Online Review) status bar
- Finally you can switch between the topcoder production and development instances
Besides setting your username and password, you can also:
- Switch between the development and production instances of Topcoder when using the extension. By default, you will be using the production instance
- At the moment, we capture telemetry of your usage of this extension to help improve the extension. Although we now have a stable release, option to control telemetry did not make it to the latest release. We intend to provide this soon
These settings are named:
TCVSCodeIDE.useDevelopEndpoint: Boolean value. false by default
NOTE: When any configuration is changed, you have to logout and reload your VSCode window for the changes to take effect