Code License Snippets
A set of useful snippets for people who love open source but don't love copying the same header over and over.
- Includes snippets for all of the Popular Licenses listed on the opensource.org licenses page.
- Includes whole license snippets (for COPYING/LICENSE files) to reduce time spent on all that copying and pasting
- Includes header/license notice snippets for including on top of source files with language-specific line-comments and dynamic file-name and project-name variables
- File name, author name, and project name can all be set using
tab, or left as default
All of the Popular Licenses listed on the opensource.org licenses page:
- Apache License 2.0
- BSD 3-Clause "New" or "Revised"
- BSD 2-Clause "Simplified" or "FreeBSD"
- GNU General Public License (GPL)
- GNU Library or "Lesser" General Public License (LGPL)
- Mozilla Public License 2.0
- Common Development and Distribution License
- Eclipse Public License
And some others:
See CHANGELOG.md for more details
0.1.0 -- Minimum Viable Product <3
Initial release of Code License Snippets
Includes snippets for:
0.2.0 -- More licences 🎉
Adds snippets for:
Removes the singlefile GPL notices (Redundant)
1.0.0 -- Public release 👯♀️
Package and release
Refactor prefixes to match SPDX identifiers
1.0.1 -- Packaging fixes
Adds relevant information to the package.json
Includes the LICENSE file (it works)