every thing below is from https://github.com/abusaidm/html-snippets
Visual Studio Code HTML Snippets
This extension adds rich language support for the HTML Markup to VS Code, including:
- Full HTML5 Tags
- [partially implemented] Quick Info
- description mentions if tag deprecated
- Removed all languages, only HTML Remains.
- Added FAQ in end of page.
- added php, js, and jsreact as languages where the snippets work by default.
- fixed a bug with line cursor on vscode 1.5.1
- removed deprecated tags [acronym, applet, basefont, center, dir, font, frame, frameset, noframes, strike, tt]
- fixed LI tag issue, you couldn't add new line in the tags
- [on-going]Improve syntax layout.
- [on-going]Add support for Tab to end of line.
- [on-going]Populate Tags with properties.
Type part of a snippet, press enter, and the snippet unfolds.
Snippets named as the tag without braces
div --> <div></div>
doc --> <!DOCTYPE html>
a --> <a href=""></a>
- Install Visual Studio Code 0.10.1 or higher
- Launch Code
- From the command palette
Ctrl-Shift-P (Windows, Linux) or
- Select Install Extension
- Choose the extension
- Reload Visual Studio Code
How to enable the snippets on a file other than html?
Add the following code to the project settings.json or global settings.json :
// extension name : html
the above code will allow html snippet to work on .ejs and .js files, amend to fit your needs.
Please Read this answer.
Make extension work in languages other than HTML
How can I report an issue?
The easiest way is to start a git issue, I will attempt to answer ASAP else I hope someone else will answer.
If you find any issue or have a suggestion please tweet me on @m_abusaid
I am unable to respond to comments on the store page, please use appropriate channels github/twitter to reach me. Thank you
MIT License, refer to license file.