TerminalAutomation for VSCode
Automate your development workflow by running specified terminal commands whenever a workspace folder is opened or closed in VS Code.
Perfect for automatically starting development servers and services, cleaning on startup, etc.
- Automatically opens terminal tabs and runs commands when a workspace folder is opened.
- Supports running multiple commands in split terminal views.
- Allows for different configurations for each folder.
- Supports closing all terminals automatically when a folder is closed.
How to Use
- Inside your workspace folder, navigate to
- Create a
terminal-automation.jsonc file if it doesn't already exist.
terminal-automation.jsonc to configure the extension.
Configuration File Format
Here's an example
"name": "the terminal name",
"path": "the filesystem path to open",
"command": "command(s) to run"
// additional terminal configs for this tab
// additional terminal tabs
An array of arrays, representing tabs and the terminals in them. Each tab can contain multiple terminals. Each terminal is defined as an object with the following properties:
name: (string) The name of the terminal tab.
command: (optional string) The command to run in the terminal.
path: (optional string) The directory to open in the terminal.
A string or an array of strings, representing the actions to take when the workspace is closed:
killall: Sends a SIGINT (Ctrl+C) to all terminals.
closeall: Closes all terminals.
Feel free to open issues or PRs!