⚡ Augment Your Testing with AI
SoftwareTesting.ai is a tool that helps you generate Unit tests and other tests quickly, at scale using AI. Save time and improve your code quality by increasing test coverage with SoftwareTesting.ai.
Quick Start 🚀
In just a few simple steps, you'll be up and running with our AI-powered tool that helps you generate Unit, End to End, API, and Performance tests at scale. Follow these instructions to get started with SoftwareTesting.ai and start improving your code quality and saving time today.
Install the SoftwareTesting.ai extension from the VS Code Marketplace.
Open a project in VS Code that you'd like to add test coverage to.
Highlight the code you want to test and run the "Write Tests" command from the command palette (right click) of with the Keyboard Shortcut ctrl+F1 (Windows + Linux) or cmd + F1 (Mac).
If this is your first time using SoftwareTesting.AI you will need to sign in / sign up
- You can do this by clicking the green "Sign In / Sign Up" button on the "Please sign in to Software Testing AI" Notification when trying to use the Write Tests Command
The YouTube video below walks through the Sign In / Sign Up process
5. Sit back and watch as [SoftwareTesting.ai](https://Softwaretesting.ai) generates tests for you! 🎉🎉🎉
Want to see a quick demo of how it works? Check out this YouTube video for a screencast of how to set up SoftwareTesting.ai on your VS Code Editor!
Short cuts / Keybindings ⌨️
The following keybindings will help you become a SoftwareTesting.ai power user in no time!
CTRL + F1: Write Tests Command for Windows and Linux.
CMD + F1: Write Tests Command for Mac.
Or you can right click and select the
Write Tests command from the command pallet
SoftwareTesting.ai supports a variety of languages to help you generate tests for your codebase. Here is the official list below
It would be great to hear what additional languages you would like us to support in the future
What's Next 🛣️
- Testing Suggestions - Provide suggestions to the engineer on how to write better tests and gaps in existing tests
- Bug Discovery - Find potential bugs in your code faster
- Selenium Tests - End to End Testing
- API Tests - Generate API Tests
- Additional Language Support - We would love to hear what additional languages you would like to see
If you have any recommendations or ideas you would like to see please drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Styled the Chat with AI Tester user interface
- Chat with an AI Tester Quick Selection Buttons:
- Complete Tests - If your tests were not completely generated clicking this button will have the AI finish generating your tests
- Add Positive Test Cases - AI will generate additional positive test cases and place them in your test file
- Add Negative Test Cases - AI will generate additional negative test cases and place them in your test file
- Adding Mocks in Chat with an AI Tester
- Easily add mocks to your code by entering the what you want to mock in the "mocks" text field and clicking the "Add Mocks" button
Demo of the new Chat with AI Tester User Interface and the Complete Tests Quick Selection!
- Quick documentation update 😊
Update to the Beta Release of SoftwareTesting.ai!
The new release includes:
- Easier Sign In / Sign Up
- "Sign In / Sign Up" button added to the "Not logged in" notification so you can easily sign back in or sign up.
- Note You can still sign in / sign up from the "Accounts" section in VS Code, this just makes signing in / signing up faster and easier
- AI Model Improvements
- The AI Model should return back more accurate results and better quality tests
- Chat with AI Tester
- A webview is opened on the right tab after tests are generated. The user can enter in additional prompts about the tests they would like to see
- One the submit button is clicked the AI will generate more tests based on the provided prompt and will add them to the test file
- The AI will retain context of the tests previously generated in that testing session to build your additional desired tests
- Open Test File
- After SoftwareTesting.AI generates your tests it opens the test file in your VS Code Editor
Demo of the new AI Model Improvements, Chat with AI Tester, and Open Test File features!
Demo of the new Sign In / Sign Up process
Beta Release of SoftwareTesting.ai!
Start using SoftwareTesting.ai for free while in Beta!
- When running the
Write Tests command on unsupported languages a new test file may still be created
- Fix is planned in upcoming release
Need help getting started with SoftwareTesting.ai? Our support team is here to assist you.
Reach out to us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy using SoftwareTesting.ai!