Hello Folks 👋
- Have you ever faced difficulties in adding environment variables 🤔?
Normally, The steps to add env variables and use it are: -
- First you need to create a .env file
- Then create a variable containing your secret
- lastly use it as per your programming language.
This is a cumbersome activity that hinders the productivity of the developer!!
So i decided to create a vscode extension that takes care of this operation for you.
Meet .envAdder 🙋♂️
- A new born vscode extension that handles the management of the environment variables for you on the go without leaving your working file.
- Open your file containing the secret in vscode
- Select the secret you want to add to environment, right click and select
Add to .env .
- Give the environment name you want to save it with when prompted.
- Tadah 🪄, the secret in the file will automatically be changed to use that environment variable
Since it's a newborn, it will acquire fresh skills as time goes by. 👼
Limitations are: -
Extension will create the environment file in the root of the workspace open in the vscode, so use accordingly ⚠️.
Currently it only supports
Please give your feedback on the extension, as it helps me improve the functionality and make it more developer friendly 😉