Snowboard is a Visual Studio Code extension for working with the Snowplow Behavioral Data Platform.
The focus at the moment is to improve workflows for working with Iglu schemas.
The goal is to improve the developer experience implementing instrumentation for Snowplow Events and Entities across any language.
- Show schemas found in current workspace, Iglu Central, and Snowplow Console Data Structures API
- Clicking a schema will fetch it from the remote server for display
- Iglu URIs in code should now open respective schema if it is resolvable
Drag & Dropping schemas into code generates a language-appropriate tracking call
Command Palette commands for creating new schemas and schema versions
JSON Schema language awareness for Iglu-style files (
- Tracking code snippets for many languages with supported Snowplow Tracking SDKs
- New schema
- New addition / revision / model from an existing schema
- Generate fake data from Snowplow schema
- Autocompletion of iglu: URIs (using the iglu: prefix) for known schemas
- Generate full sample event payloads in tracking snippets
- Support custom static Iglu repos
- More human-friendly display of schemas
- Schema authoring functionality
- Generate schemas from existing type definitions
- Event validation/testing/confirmation (via e.g. Snowplow Micro or Snowplow Mini
- Diagnostics for bad rows
Full custom schema functionality may require an API key to a Snowplow BDP Console account.
To test, open the extension hit 'F5' to run and functionality should then be available in the newly opened vs code window.
Simulating fake data has some limitations when using the 'faker' extension as some providers appear to be unavailable.
Initial release of the Poplin Snowboard VS code extension