HDLRegressionByHGB is a Visual Studio Code extension that makes it easy to debug and run HDLRegression testcases from the sidebar of VS-Code.
This Extension is maintained by Jakob Jungreuthmayer at University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria - Campus Hagenberg.
- List all HDLRegression testcases from multiple regression-scripts
- Run HDLRegression-testcases
- Debug HDLRegression testcases in GUI mode
- Go-To-Source: Jump to the run script
- Parallel execution of testcases
- Make sure that HDLRegression is installed (e.g. using
python setup.py build and
python setup.py develop )
- Open a folder that contains a regression script (set your preferred script-name in extension-settings)
- Open any HDL or python file to activate the extension
- Open the Testing-SideViewContainer on the left menu bar
- All Testcases should be displayed. From here, you can:
- Press the run button to run a unit test in background
- Press the debug button to run a test in GUI mode
This Visual Studio Code extension was made by Jakob Jungreuthmayer
during his bachelor`s degree at University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria - Campus Hagenberg
Contributing in the form of code, documentation, feedback, tutorial, ideas or bug reports is very welcome.
The following configuration properties are available:
|consistent script-name of all regression-scripts
|Path to python executable.
|HDLRegression command line options when running tests.
|HDLRegression command line options when running GUI (-g should not be added here).
- VUnit is an alternative to HDLRegression. Use VUnitByHGBto run VUnit tests from the VS-Code sidebar.
This extension is published under the GNU GPL license.