Oracle NoSQL Database Connector
Oracle NoSQL Database Connector enhances your experience of building an application with -
You can use Oracle NoSQL Database Visual Studio (VS) Code extension to:
- View the tables in a well-defined tree structure with Table Explorer.
- View information on columns, indexes, primary key(s), and shard key(s) for a table.
- View column data in a well-formatted JSON Structure.
- Create tables using form-based schema entry or supply DDL statements.
- Drop tables.
- Execute SELECT SQL queries on a table and view query results in tabular format.
- Execute DML statements to update, insert, and delete data from a table.
See Extension Documentation for more details.
Connect to your database
- Click the Oracle NoSQL DB view in the Activity Bar.
- Click Add Connection to open the Oracle NoSQL DB Show Connection Settings page.
- In the Connection Settings page, click Cloud, Onprem or CloudSim to connect to Oracle NoSQL Database Cloud Service, Oracle NoSQL Database (Onprem) or Oracle NoSQL Database Cloud Simulator.
- Enter the connection information and connect.
Once you connect to your deployment -
Use the Table Explorer left navigation to explore your tables.
Click the table name to view its columns, indexes, primary key(s), and shard key(s). The column name displays along with its data type.
You can refresh the schema or table at any time to re-query your deployment and populate Oracle NoSQL Database with the most up-to-date data.
In the Table Explorer, locate the connection and click the Refresh icon to reload the schema. Alternatively, you can right-click the connection and select Refresh Schema.
In the Table Explorer, locate the table name and click the Refresh icon to reload the table. Alternatively, you can right-click the table name and select Refresh Table.
Create New Tables
To create a new table:
Hover over the database where you want to add the new table.
Click the Plus icon that appears.
In the prompt, enter the details for your new table.
You can create the Oracle NoSQL Database table in two modes:
- Simple DDL Input : You can use this mode to create the table declaratively, that is, without writing a DDL statement.
- Advanced DDL Input : You can use this mode to create the table using a DDL statement.
(Optional) Click Show DDL to view the DDL statement formed based on the values entered in the fields in the Simple DDL input mode. This DDL statement gets executed when you click Create.
Execute SQL Queries and DML Statements for a Table
- Right-click the target table and select Browse Table.
- In the SQL window, specify the SELECT query in the text box and click . The query result is displayed in tabular format. You can adjust the number of rows per page.
- To view individual cell data separately, click the table cell.
- You can also execute DML statements to update, insert, and delete data from a table.
This extension uses Oracle NoSQL Node.js SDK which is included in VSIX package under '/oracle-nosqldb' directory. This directory includes a separate README and CHANGELOG file specific to the SDK.