Visual Studio 2017 version is available here
This extension contains a project template to create a extneded Microsoft Visio Addin based on Visual Tools for Office or vanilla COM Shared AddIn in C# and VB.NET
In addition to standard functionality, the project generated with this extension features the following:
- User interface to start with
- A TaskPane (docking panel), and a button to control it.
- Support for custom images for the buttons.
- Optional support for state (enabled/disabled) for the buttons.
- Optional support for legacy Visio version (command bar with buttons)
- Optional support for ribbon designer
The add-in generated should work for Visio 2003 SP3 (COM addin only), 2007 SP3, 2010, 2013, 2016.
- Both x32 and x64 Visio versions are supported (the code compiles to Any CPU).
- Support per user/per machine install in one MSI
- Visio files publishing functionality ("featured" Templates/Stencil on the start page and in menu)
- Visio Addon (VSL) publishing support
- Visio Help files (CHM) publishign support
- Localization support (non-english UI for the installer)
For tailed information, check out the homepage:
The source code for the extension is hosted at GitHub
Support high-DPI (including 4K) monitors (fix missing wizard buttons for this case)
Visio-2007 related fixes for the setup project. Baiscally these fixes focus on ensuring smooth install experience and proper error messages for the good old Visio 2007.
- Ensure VSTO 4 Runtime installed in case of Visio 2007 and VSTO addin.
- New: improved support for non-english locales. Now you can select language of the installer in the wizard. Rrequired, if want to produce installer in non-english language, or if you use non-english symbols for your stencil/template file names, like symbols with umlauts, like "è é ê ë" or cyrilic symbols like "абвгд".
- New: added "manufacturer" field in the wizard (to be shown on install/uninstall)
- Default for VSTO changed to use ribbon designer instead of xml
- Fixed issue with Visual Studio 2015 Update1 / VSTO for VS2015 Update 1
- added support for Visual Studio 2015
- added support for Visio 2016
- Simplified source code (removed extra files, so that project structure is more like vanilla vs).
- Unified wizard settings. Now there is one wizard to rule it all. It allows you to add other Visio files/templates in the wizard itself, add license, name/description, etc.
- License support in installer (and wizard).
- Support for the built-in ribbon designer (optional)
- Support for both x86 and x64 in one installer in one MSI (one DLL compiled to "AnyCPU")
- Support per user/per machine install in one MSI (!)
- Support for project auto-harvesting. Means, DLL version is auto-harvested, COM registration auto-harvested (for COM addin type).
- Support for old Visio versions (without ribbon) is still there.
- Improved messaging and comments.
- Possibility to compile everything even witout Visio installed (COM addin only)
- Support for installer UI type selection (basic cases)
- No GUIDs anymore in the installer. All is auto-generated on build.
- Addin project is referenced from installer project using "project reference", so that msbuild variables can be used to refer to paths.
- Fix "no such interface supported" error with C# project VS2013 which occured in some cases
- Support VB.NET project type
- Fix erorneous combinations