This extension integrates tools like Cppcheck and Clang-tidy, and lets you perform static analysis on C/C++ files in VScode with right-click menu.
- CppStaticChecks:Select Tool command can be accessed at the command pallette, you can select the tool to use.
- Right-click on an C/C++ file in the editor view, there will be a command near the bottom to check. Shortcut: (ctrl+alt+c)
- Right-click on a folder in explorer view to check all files in that directory.
- Output will be shown in 2 output channels: "cppStaticChecks: Errors" and "cppStaticChecks: Warnings".
- In the output channels, you can use ctrl+click to jump to the corresponding line in the file.
- There is a status bar item for Cppcheck showing the errors and warnings count, clicking it will show the error output.
- CppStaticChecks:Options command can be accessed at the command pallette, you can select the desired checks to be done.
- The tools must be installed to your system.
- You'll need to add the tools used to the "PATH" environment variable