NXP MCUXpresso for VS Code extension
The NXP's MCUXpresso for VS Code extension makes NXP devices (based on ARM Cortex-M cores) easy to use right from Microsoft Visual Studio Code environment.
- Support MCUXpresso SDK, Zephyr and Open-CMSIS-Pack software repositories integration.
- Dependency tools and software components can be installed using MCUXpresso Installer
- Wizard view to import repository from remote or local GitHub or from a standalone archive (MCUXpresso SDK).
- Wizard to import a project example from an installed repository.
- Support for importing all application types for Zephyr (repository, workspace, freestanding).
- Integration with standalone MCUXpresso Config Tools.
- Option to import an existing CMake project.
- Project converter from MCUXpresso IDE (Eclipse) to MCUXpresso for VS Code extension.
- Project view displaying information about: software repository, build configurations, MCU device and memory details.
- Project options to manage components, build, flash and debug.
- Project context options to switch "Floating Point", "C Library", and "Debug Console" types.
- Device tree viewer, Kconfig syntax highlighting for Zephyr support, context options to open interactive Kconfig interface (guiconfig) and integrated terminal for Zephyr based environment.
- Integrated with existing VS Code support for managing files, editing facilities, source control.
- Detailed analysis of an application image structure (Callgraph and Memory details inside Image Info viewer).
- Various binary utilities (to create bin, hex or S-Record type of images, executable information) accessible right from the context menu of executable files.
- Single/multi core [ARM Cortex-M] debug support relying on Microsoft's "C/C++" extension.
- Debug support for J-Link, LinkServer and PEmicro probes with detection for available connected devices.
- Support for LPC, Kinetis microcontrollers and i.MX RT crossover processors.
- Dedicated Flash Programmer GUI.
- Baremetal Heap and Stack debug viewer.
- Integration with "Serial Monitor" extension for UART and semihosting console support.
- Quickstart panel view with quick access to various operations, including import project, flash programmer interface, links to documentation.
- Integration with NXP Application Code Hub.
- Support for Windows, Ubuntu and macOS.
See Known issues section for detailed list.
NXP Software License Agreement