CodeLineLogger VS Code Extension
Welcome to the CodeLineLogger VS Code Extension! This extension enhances your coding experience by allowing you to seamlessly add line logging statements to your code in various programming languages.
- Effortless Line Logging: With a simple keyboard shortcut, you can wrap the selected line of code in a log statement, making debugging and analysis easier.
- Automatic Formatting: The extension ensures that the log statement retains the original line's indentation, preserving code readability.
- Smart Log Statements: Depending on the language and context, CodeLineLogger intelligently adds log statements specific to each language, such as
print in Python, or
System.out.println in Java.
- Selective Logging: CodeLineLogger detects if the selected line is a function or object and adjusts the log statement accordingly, omitting quotes for non-string values.
- Semicolon Handling: The extension takes care of adding or omitting semicolons at the end of log statements based on the language's syntax conventions.
- Launch Visual Studio Code.
- Open the Extensions view by clicking on the square icon in the left sidebar or by pressing
Cmd+Shift+X on macOS).
- Search for "CodeLineLogger" in the Extensions Marketplace.
- Click on the "Install" button for the CodeLineLogger VS Code Extension.
- Once installed, click on the "Reload" button to activate the extension.
To wrap a selected line with a log statement using CodeLineLogger, follow these steps:
- Select the desired line(s) in the editor.
Cmd+. on macOS) to wrap the selected line with a log statement.
- CodeLineLogger will automatically add the appropriate log statement for the selected programming language, including proper formatting and context-aware behavior.
Please do visit our website for more information at CodeLineLogger
Feedback and Contributions
Feedback and contributions are highly appreciated! If you encounter any issues, have suggestions for improvements, or would like to contribute to the project, please visit the GitHub repository for the CodeLineLogger VS Code Extension.
This extension is released under the MIT License.
The CodeLineLogger extension was created by Mihir Panchal. Special thanks to the following contributors for their valuable input and support.
Thank you for choosing the CodeLineLogger VS Code Extension! We hope you find it useful and enjoy enhancing your debugging and analysis capabilities with seamless line logging. If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out. Happy coding!