Disable built-in extension features in Visual Studio Code by cloning the built-in extension into the local extension folder and disable the features you don't need.
WARNING: Disabling built-in extension features can have unexpected side effects. Please be always aware of it!
- How to use
- Available Commands
- Available Settings
- Recommended Extensions
How to use
INFO: It is recommended to disable every built-in extension which is not required instead of disabling its features.
- Open the command palette on macOS with
Cmd + Shift + P or Windows/Linux with
Ctrl + Shift + P.
- Search for the command
Disable Built-In Extension Features and press
- Select a build-in extension from the list you want to modify and press
- Select the features you want to enable or disable and press
Ok. Snippets are disabled by default.
- Click the button in the info message
Show Built-In Extensions or open the extension view and type
- Disable the native built-in extension you have modified, because the modfied version was copied to your local extension folder and is now available as a regular extension.
- Please reload the window to enable the new modified built-in extension.
Disable Built-In Extension Features - Opens a dialog with active built-in extensions which allows to disable specific features of a built-in extension.
l13BuiltInExtensions.autoUpdateModifiedBuiltInExtensions - If true the modified built-in extensions will be automatically updated if something has changed.