KGy SOFT Drawing Debugger Visualizers
This package provides debugger visualizers for several
System.Drawing types such as
Color. It supports multi-page, multi-resolution and animated images as well as saving them in various formats.
When a type is debugged in Visual Studio and there is a debugger visualizer installed for that type, then a magnifier icon appears that you can click to open the visualizer.
Either click the magnifier icon or choose a debugger visualizer from the drop down list (if more visualizers are applicable).
If an image or icon instance is debugged in a non read-only context, then it can be replaced and the palette entries of non read-only indexed bitmaps can be edited.
Installing Debugger Visualizers
- For Visual Studio 2013 and above you can use this VSIX package (tested with versions up to Visual Studio 2019). It will install the .NET 4.5 version.
- For older Visual Studio versions and/or frameworks follow the installation steps at the project site.
See the change log.
Q: Can I use the debugger visualizers for other Visual Studio versions?
A: The VSIX installer supports Visual Studio 2013 and newer versions (tested until 2019). However, you can install the debugger visualizers manually for any version starting with Visual Studio 2008. See the installation steps at the project site.
Q: Is Visual Studio Code supported?
A: As it has a completely different API, it is not supported yet.
Q: I get an error message when I click the magnifier icon.
A: It can have several reasons. See the Troubleshooting section at the project site.
Q: Are WPF image types supported?
A: No, these visualizers are for
System.Drawing types. But the built-in Dependency Object visualizer is able to display image sources anyway.
Q: I have removed the debugger visualizer extension, and it is still working. How can I remove it completely?
A: When the extension is active it copies the visualizers into the
Documents\Visual Studio <version>\Visualizers folder if it is not there. Unlike an MSI installer the VSIX packages do not support uninstall actions so this copied content will not be removed automatically. However, the extension creates also a KGy SOFT Drawing Debugger Visualizers/Manage Installations... menu item under the Tools menu where you can remove the installation from the Documents folder. So the proper way of a complete uninstall:
- Click Tools/Drawing Debugger Visualizers/Manage Installations...
- Select the current Visual Studio version and click "Remove"
- Now uninstall the extension from the Tools/Extensions and Updates... (2019: Extensions/Manage Extensions) menu. Without this last step the debugger visualizers will be automatically reinstalled when you restart Visual Studio.
Feel free to visit the project site for more information. There you will find the binaries for other frameworks and Visual Studio versions as well as the complete source code.