Jhechtpack: Jhecht's Personal Extensions
I am Front-End Heavy Full Stack / DevOps Engineer. This is a very rough setup of what I have on basically any machine I do any development work on.
These are the extensions that I find myself using quite frequently, and for some reason I tend to have to re-install them all frequently, so I created this extension pack.
I use VIM frequently being a DevOps person, so from Version 0.0.7 onwards it is likely that the VIM extension for VSCode will be included. If you don't know or don't use VIM, then simply hit
ctrl+shift+x and type
@installed vim and uninstall the VIM extension.
That being said, I also got very used to the features of VSCode before finding this set of keybindings. That being said here is a rough list that I have changed (I use multiple computers, so it's tough to determine what a full list would be):
- I use the "add to selection" keybinding a lot – too much, probably.
- There are a few chorded shortcuts that I use, so this fixes that for me.
- I use the default "hide the sidebar" shortcut.
ctrl+alt+b should be set to "Balance Outward"
ctrl+alt+shift+b should be set to "Balance Inward"
- I prefer my title to look like this. Nothing much to that.
- I found that after a year and some change I literally never used the minimap. Perhaps you find it useful – just change that
- I use the breadcrumbs a lot, especially in larger files.
ctrl+shift+. will bring them focus and you can type in there just like regular.
- This is all preference, adds tags on new lines always.