AutoCompletion aka IntelliSense for APEX parsing schemas, inclusive all granted packages, procedures and functions.
Access to APEX page items.
- You must activate the extension (
- You must connect to the Development Environment at least one time to build the cache
- You must download and install the OracleInstantClient
- You must configure the Plugin under Settings->ApexIntelliSense
This extension contributes the following settings:
ApexIntelliSense.Connection: connection string to database
ApexIntelliSense.Username: schema name
ApexIntelliSense.Oracle Instant Client Path: Path to your Oracle Instant Client
ApexIntelliSense.PublicPackages: Comma (",")-seperated list of packages that are granted to public and exposed via public synonym
ApexIntelliSense.LoadApexPacakges: Wether the APEX_* Packages should be loaded (see 'Feature->Caching' in this readme)
ApexIntelliSense.LoadObjectsOnActivate: Wether DB Objects should be loaded when extension is activated, otherwise it tries to load objects from cache
ApexIntelliSense.ApexCacheFile: Load a central apex cache file to the extension instead of pulling it again (performance reasons)
When the plugin is activated it will create a directory .ais where caches are stored (only when you activate the options 'LoadApexPacakges' and/or 'LoadObjectsOnActivate').
There are two types of caches:
- User Object Cache (cache.yaml)
- APEX Object Cache (apex.yaml)
Caches can be updated via the 'ApexIntelliSense: Update Cache' command
User Object Cache
The User Object Cache will contain the following Objects:
- APEX Page Items
- All executable Packages/Procedures/Functions incl. of their arguments and return types
It is recommended to let this option be activated.
APEX Object Cache
The APEX Object Cache contains all APEX_* packages with all of their methods (and of course arguments and return types) regardless of them to be part of the documentation or not. The process of loading the APEX packages is taking a while, therefor it is recommended to save a central apex cache and use the 'ApexCacheFile'-Setting.
|When there is a package with the same name as a granted package the methods will be merged
|After Update on 2.2.7 completionlist is broken
- percentage of loaded methods in package is shown during activation/update
- solved issue merging methods on equal package names
- nicer argument-types
- When update to > 2.2.7 please reload all caches there are major changes in the File Structures so this is mandatory, otherwise the plugin will not work properly
- solved issue with apex object
- more informative package loading
- autocompletion enhancements
- new Setting: ApexCacheFilePath
- Connection Bug
- Additional APEX Cache
- Settings Bug
- nicer CompletionItemList with documentation
Integrated Setting, PublicPackages:
Comma (",")-seperated list of packages that are granted to public and exposed via public synonym.
APEX Application Items
Initial release of ApexIntelliSense
Fixed Bug wrong arguments in method