Software Defined Electronics
JITX is a way to design circuit boards faster and with fewer errors. Instead of manually drafting and reviewing one-off designs, write code to generate your designs.
- Sign up and make a JITX account: https://www.jitx.com/pricing
- Setup and install JITX with JITX Installation Instructions.
- Open the JITX pane from the VSCode activity bar on the left side of the screen.
- Sign in and follow the prompt to trust the JITX extension.
- Checkout the JITX Docs
- Design a basic board in JITX and export to CAD - do Quickstart 1
- Organize your schematic and layout with Quickstart II: Organize a schematic
- Export to CAD (KiCad or Altium) by following Exporting to CAD
- Layout the PCB in CAD the same way that you normally would.