Codewind Node.js Profiler
Annotates your Node.js code with code highlighting for your hottest functions in your Codewind projects.
- The Codewind extension (available here) installed in Visual Studio Code.
- A Node.js project bound to Codewind.
With Visual Studio Code
- Open your Node.js project's Performance Dashboard by right-clicking on the project in the Codewind section of Visual Studio Code and selecting
Open Performance Dashboard.
- Once the Performance Dashboard opens, click
Run Load Test.
- This will create profiling data in a
load-test/[datestamp]/profiling.json file in your Codewind project.
- The extension will highlight any lines which were found in the profiling data and annotate them to show how often they were seen and where they were called from.