Codewind Java Profiler
Annotates your Java code with code highlighting for your hottest methods in your Eclipse Codewind projects.
This extension provides code highlighting showing relative time spent in Java methods based on profiling data gathered through Codewind's load testing feature.
- The Eclipse Codewind extension (available here) installed in Visual Studio Code.
- A Java Liberty project bound to Codewind.
With Visual Studio Code:
- Open your Java Liberty Project's Performance Dashboard by right-clicking on the project in the Codewind section of Visual Studio Code and selecting
Open Performance Dashboard.
- Once the Performance Dashboard opens, click
Run Load Test.
- Once the test has completed, it will create profiling data in a
load-test/[timestamp]/xxxx.hcd file in your Codewind project.
- In Visual Studio Code open a Java file in your project.
- The extension will highlight any methods which were found in the profiling data and annotate them to show the percentage of time they were running on the CPU during profiling.
We welcome submitting issues and contributions.
- Submitting bugs