Vercel for VS Code
A VS Code extension for Vercel deployment status.
- Install the extension from the VSCode Marketplace or with the terminal command
code --install-extension haydenbleasel.vercel-vscode.
- Open the extension settings and enter your API token.
- Add your Vercel Project ID to your workspace. This can be done in one of two ways (see below).
- Reload VSCode to apply the changes and start using the extension.
Vercel Project ID
Your Vercel Project ID can be found in the Vercel dashboard under
Settings > General > Project ID and can be added to the workspace in one of two ways:
Using the Vercel
vercel.json configuration file lets you configure, and override the default behavior of Vercel from within your project. You can add your Vercel Project ID to this file by adding the following:
Using VSCode settings
Alternatively, you can create a
.vscode/settings.json file in your project and add the following:
- Ensure you have the latest version of Node.js and Yarn installed.
- Clone the repo.
yarn install to install dependencies.
yarn dev to compile the extension and watch for changes.
- Open the folder in VS Code.
- Launch a new VSCode window with the extension loaded. You can either press
F5 or open the command palette and run
Debug: Start Debugging.
- Make changes to the extension and reload the extension to see them take effect.