The ALGO extension provides syntax highlighting for ALGO files in Visual Studio Code. This extension supports only french and is opinionated for specific personal use cases.
- Syntax highlighting for ALGO keywords.
- Comment highlighting for both single-line and block comments.
- Launch Visual Studio Code.
- Open the Extensions view by clicking on the square icon in the left sidebar or by pressing
- Search for "ALGO" in the Extensions view search box.
- Click on the "Install" button for the ALGO extension by OpenAI.
- After installation, the extension will be activated automatically.
Once the ALGO extension is installed, it will automatically apply syntax highlighting to any
.algo files you open in Visual Studio Code. The keywords, comments, and other language elements will be highlighted according to the ALGO language specification.
The ALGO extension provides syntax highlighting for the following ALGO keywords:
- ALGO, DÉBUT, FIN, VARIABLES, CONSTANTES, LIRE, ÉCRIRE, SI, SINON, ALORS, FINSI, TANTQUE, FINTANTQUE, RÉPETER, JUSQU'À, POUR, ALLANT, DE, À, FAIRE, FINPOUR, ENREGISTREMENT, FINENREGISTREMENT, RETOURNER, CAS, OU, ET.
Please note that the matching of keywords is case-insensitive, allowing for flexibility in your code.
The ALGO extension supports highlighting both single-line and block comments.
- Single-line comments: Use the
// notation to add comments to your code. Any text following
// on the same line will be considered a comment and highlighted accordingly.
- Block comments: Enclose your comments between
*/ to create block comments. All text between these delimiters will be treated as a comment and highlighted accordingly.
- Initial release of the ALGO extension.
- Added syntax highlighting for ALGO keywords.
- Added comment highlighting for both single-line and block comments.
Feedback and Contributions
If you have any feedback, suggestions, or issues with the ALGO extension, please don't hesitate to submit an issue in the GitHub repository.
If you would like to contribute to the development of this extension, you're welcome to submit pull requests with your proposed changes.