Cloud Code for Visual Studio Code
Cloud Code for VS Code brings the power and convenience of IDEs to cloud-native application development. Cloud Code integrates with Google Cloud services like Google Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Run, Cloud APIs and Secret Manager, and makes you feel like you are working with local code.
Cloud Code works with Google’s command-line container tools like
kubectl under the hood, providing local, continuous feedback on your project as you build, edit, run and deploy your applications locally or in the cloud. Cloud Code also deeply integrates with
Cloud SDK to provide a single unified authentication experience when you develop with Google Cloud Services.
Supporting your development workflow
Get run-ready sample applications, out-of-the-box configuration snippets, support for key Google Cloud Services like Cloud APIs and Google Cloud Build, Cloud Native Buildpacks, Secrets Manager, one click deployment, a tailored debugging experience, iterative run/debug experience and much more. Cloud Code makes developing with Kubernetes and Cloud Run a whole lot easier!
- Pick your preferred language with Cloud Code’s support for Go, Java, Node.js, Python, .NET Core app development.
- Get straight to developing with Cloud Code’s simplified authentication workflow that uses your Google Cloud credentials.
- Monitor your app with streaming logs and customize the output with additional filters to produce results meaningful to you.
Create and run a new app in minutes with Cloud Code’s Kubernetes support. Or work on an existing application, customize its YAML with Cloud Code’s intelligent authoring support, debug it relentlessly with the setup-free debugger, and run it on any of your Kubernetes clusters. Whatever your workflow is, Cloud Code helps you spend less time on configuration and context-switching, so you can focus on developing your app.
- Get started with built-in ready-to-run starter Kubernetes apps for your favorite languages and frameworks. Read the docs
- Maintain an efficient development workflow with Cloud Code’s rapid edit, package, and deploy to cluster loop; see your edits reflected in your app in real-time! Read the docs
- Browse and manage your Kubernetes resources from within your IDE with the Kubernetes Explorer. Just right-click and select an available action for your resource, no complex CLI commands necessary. Read the docs
- Create a remote Kubernetes cluster with Google Kubernetes Engine, EKS, or AKS, or work with a local cluster, either the integrated minikube cluster or a Docker Desktop local cluster, to run your app. Read the docs
- Set breakpoints, inspect variables, and perform other debugging tasks with integrated debugging support and without having to manually set up configuration. Read the docs
- Make easy work of setting up and customizing Kubernetes configuration files with Cloud Code’s YAML authoring assistance with out-of-the-box solutions for common schema, support for Custom Resources (CRDs) like Istio and Knative, smart completions, syntax coloring, documentation on hover, and linting support. Read the docs
Cloud Run development
Create and deploy a new service in minutes with Cloud Code’s equally robust Cloud Run support, monitoring your service’s progress with the Cloud Run Explorer and service logs accessible in the Log Viewer. If you’d prefer a local development workflow, you can also develop and debug a service locally with the built-in Cloud Run emulator .
- Deploy a service to Cloud Run, customizing your deployment platform and build settings along the way, from within your IDE. Read the docs
- Locally debug your service via the Cloud Run emulator and perform tasks you normally do when debugging local code as you develop your app. With Cloud Code’s fast iterative development, you can automatically redeploy changes to the emulator as you make them. Read the docs
- Monitor the status of your Cloud Run services as well as their revisions and essential properties with the Cloud Run Explorer. Read the docs
Containerization made easy
Create secure, production-ready container images from source code without having to worry about a Dockerfile with Cloud Code’s built-in support for Google Cloud Buildpacks. You get to focus on building your application, not containerizing it.
Built-in Secret Manager support
Protect sensitive information and keep your app secure with Cloud Code’s integrated Secret Manager support. You can create, view, update, and use secrets in the Secret Manager view without having them in your codebase. Read the docs
Google Cloud APIs at your fingertip
Browse available Cloud APIs, enable services, and install and learn how to integrate client libraries in your app without leaving your IDE and breaking your development flow, all with the API library browser. Read the docs
- Learn more: Learn more about Cloud Code and what it has to offer.
- Documentation: We have a lot of features to explore. Head over to our documentation to discover more.
- Talk to us: Connect to the Cloud Code development team by joining our #cloud-code Slack channel
- File an issue: If you discover an issue, file a bug and we’ll fix it as soon as possible.
- Request a feature: If you have any feature requests, ideas for improvement, and general feedback, submit a feature request.
Please see our security disclosure process. All security advisories are managed on Github.