Fortran for Visual Studio Code
An extension for VS Code which provides support for the Fortran language.
- Syntax highlighting
- Code snippets
Install the extension in VS Code
- Open the command palette using
ext install Fortran in the command palette
Select Fortran as a language
- On the bottom-right corner, click on the select language mode button, if you have created a new file it should display Plain Text
- Select Fortran in the list of languages.
Alternatively, saving the file with a
.f90 extension, will allow VS Code to understand that it is a FORTRAN file, and automatically select the language correctly.
- Bring-up the autocomplete menu by hitting the
Ctrl+Shift key combination
- Select the snippet that you want to use in the list
tab to navigate trough the snippet's variables
Code snippets and syntax highlighting were imported from the TextMate bundle.