GemBox.Document is a C# / VB.NET Word component for easy and efficient Word file processing in .NET Framework, .NET Core and .NET Standard, without Microsoft Word.
GemBox.Document supports reading DOC, DOCX, HTML, RTF, and TXT formats and writing, creating, and converting to DOCX, PDF, HTML, XPS, RTF, TXT, and image formats.
GemBox.Document has the following advantages:
- Unified programming interface for multiple file formats (DOCX, DOC, PDF, HTML, XPS, RTF, TXT). More »
- Rich Set of Features. More »
- No dependency on Microsoft Word.
- Many times faster than Microsoft .NET Word automation.
- Plain and fair licensing.
- 100% managed code (C#), follows .NET class library design guidelines.
- Simple and easy-to-use programming interface.
- Preserves unsupported file format features. More »
For more details go to GemBox.Document features page or use live examples that are available on Word and PDF Library in C# and VB.NET.
GemBox.Document common uses:
You can download GemBox.Document Free setup and evaluate GemBox.Document free of charge and for an unlimited time period. Free version is limited to 20 paragraphs.
To evaluate beyond the first 20 paragraphs, handle ComponentInfo.FreeLimitReached event and set the FreeLimitEventArgs.FreeLimitReachedAction to FreeLimitReachedAction.ContinueAsTrial, as in this following code snippet:
// Set license key to use GemBox.Document in a Free mode.
// Continue to use the component in a Trial mode when free limit is reached.
(sender, e) => e.FreeLimitReachedAction = FreeLimitReachedAction.ContinueAsTrial;
// Here goes your application specific code.</pre>
' Set license key to use GemBox.Document in a Free mode.
' Continue to use the component in a Trial mode when free limit is reached.
Sub(sender, e) e.FreeLimitReachedAction = FreeLimitReachedAction.ContinueAsTrial
' Here goes your application specific code.
This option will enable you to read/write entire document content, with the following limitations imposed after the first 20 paragraphs:
- When loading a document - random parts of document text will be replaced with string TRIAL.
- When saving a document - a promotional header will be added to every document page and will replace any existing header.
For more information, see GemBox.Document Evaluation help page.
Time Limited mode
GemBox.Document also offers a Time Limited mode that can be used for 30 days without any limitations. If you'd like a temporary license key for this mode, please contact us.
If you want to use the component in a professional mode – without any limitations – you need to purchase the license key. For more information about evaluation and licensing, see here.
We hope GemBox.Document will improve developer's productivity and functionality & efficiency of document processing/reporting applications.