VSCode extension to modify ServiceNow scripts directly from VSCode.
- Shows autocompletion suggestions for all client and server side APIs
- Tracks modified files locally (set "track_changes" to true in iglooconfig.txt)
- Warns before overwriting files that may have been modified by someone else
- Supports following files:
- Server Development
- Business Rules
- Schedule Scripts
- Script Includes
- UI Actions
- Scheduled Script Executions
- Script Action
- Fix Script
- Client Development
- Client Scripts
- UI Scripts
- Forms & UI
- UI Pages (including the processing script, client script and HTML)
- UI Macros
- Inbound Integrations
- Transform Maps (including transform scripts)
- Scripted REST Resources
- MID Server
- MID Server Script Includes
- MID Server Script Files
- Service Catalog
- Record Producer
- Catalog Client Script
- Content Management
- Content Blocks - Programmatic
- Create an empty folder with a file named
iglooconfig.txt inside it with the
"url" : "<Instance URL>",
"username" : "<Instance username>",
"password" : "<Instance password>",
"app_name" : "<Name of you application>",
- Open the folder in VSCode and wait unitil statusbar displays the message
Ctrl + Alt + a to fetch all scripts from ServiceNow.
Opening a file on ServiceNow
Right click in the file in the sidebar and click
IglooReloaded: Open in ServiceNow to view that file on ServiceNow.
Autocompletions should be working out of the box (use
Ctrl + Space to trigger
them). If you're not able to see autocompletions, make sure you have not deleted
@types directory or the
If some autocompletions are incorrect (they are autogenerated from the
ServiceNow docs), you can
create an issue.
Adding new tables to import from
If you think that scripts from some tables should be imported by default you can
create an issue.
Ctrl + Shift + P to open the command pallet and select the
"IglooReloaded: Create default mappings.json file"
- A new mappings.json file will be created in your workspace.
- Edit this file to add or remove new tables.
Enabling/Disabling local git version tracking
Change the value of key
track_changes to either
false to enable or
disable local version tracking.
Ctrl + Alt + a
|Import all files from ServiceNow
Ctrl + Alt + i
|Import currently open file from ServiceNow
Ctrl + Alt + e
|Export currently open file to ServiceNow
Ctrl + Alt + d
|Compare local and remote files
- ~~Auto completions~~
- Useful snippets