From syntax highlight to rapid testing and deployment.
- Support rapid development of SSJS scripts via SFMC's Cloud Pages.
- Syntax highlight.
- SSJS Snippets.
Issue Reporting on GitHub
Base extension settings is done in Preferences.
Project wide settings is currently done per project via
./vscode/ssjs-setup.json file which is automatically pre-generated on project setup.
You can start using this extension for basic features right away. However in order to use support for rapid Cloud-page development, you need to set Code Provider. Code Provider is a way in which this extension provides code to SFMC, so it can be run from there.
You can see a guide using
SSJS: Show Setup Walkthrough command for the default functionality. It takes just five minutes.
- Asset Provider (default): uses API to deploy your script on demand or save.
- Server Provider: uses local web server that provides your scripts via HTTPS. Reverse tunneling tool required (NGROK, Expose...).
- None: disable code integration.
Create Config command withing VSCode to create your setup file (and store SFMC Credentials safely).
- Finish setting up your setup file.
Deploy Dev Page command that will help you to deploy your Dev environment in Cloud Page.
On Asset Provider, the dev asset folder is created on the first script deployment. Run
Upload Script command to deploy any ssjs, amp or html file.
For server provider:
Start command enables your local environment.
- Make your environment accessible from internet (start your tunneling tool).
Once your SSJS is Active and Cloud Page published, all you need to do is to open it. Open your Cloud Page or Text Resources.
Then append query parameters you get by running
Get Dev PATH command.
To be run using
SSJS: Show Setup Walkthrough - Shows a guide on how to setup the extension.
SSJS: Upload Script - Uploads the script on Asset Provider. Can be run automatically, but first upload needs to be done manually.
SSJS: Get Dev Path - get query parameters to run your script.
SSJS: Start: Start DEV Server
SSJS: Stop: Stop DEV Server
SSJS: Create Config: Setup your project - must be run before starting server.
SSJS: Update API Credentials: Update API Credentials of your SFMC instance.
SSJS: Deploy Dev Page: This will help you deploy a Cloud Page that simplifies SSJS Dev.
Alpha release - some errors may appear.
In such case, let me know on my GitHub! (issues page).
- Format Document upcoming.
- No check of Content Folder existence.
- Some API failures won't return the problem.
- Client Secret not loading when VSCode is not up to date. Update your VSCode to fix.