VSCode Project Structure Plus
Disclaimer: This is an enhanced version of the VSCode Project Structure extension developed by Austin-Lin. It includes additional functionalities not present in the original version. Once the original extension incorporates these enhancements, this version will be deprecated in favor of the original.
VSCode Project Structure is a Visual Studio Code extension that allows you to generate a txt file with the folder structure, file name, and file contents of your project.
Table of Contents
- Extension Settings
- Release Notes
- Generates a txt file with the folder/file structure tree and full file contents of your project.
- Option to exclude certain files and folders based on patterns found in the
.project_structure_ignore file and/or in the
- Option to only include file content for files and folders based on patterns found in the
- Customize the folder where the configuration and output files are located (
_docs by default)
- Open the command palette (Ctrl+Shift+P on Windows/Linux, Cmd+Shift+P on macOS).
Generate Project Structure and select the desired command:
All files: Generates
project_structure.txt containing Project Structure and File Contents for all files, except those matching the ignore patterns,
Filtered files: Also generates
project_structure_filtered.txt containing both the the Project Structure for all folder (except those matching the ignore patterns) and all file matching the filter patterns, as well as the File Contents for files matching the filter patterns
- Wait for the extension to finish generating the file.
.project_structure_ignore to list your ignore patterns,
.project_structure_filter to list your filter patterns
- Lines starting with
# will be ignored in the
- Ignore patterns inlude the ones defined in your
- All configuration and output files are located in the
Both of the options can be changed in the extension settings.
.project_structure_ignore file will cause Project Structure Plus to ignore: the 'node_modules' directory, 'src/entities/index.js' file and any files with the '.log' extension:
.project_structure_filter file will cause Project Structure to only provide full content of the 'package.json' file, as well as any files in the 'src/entities' folder and subfolders (excluding 'src/entities/index.js' which matches the ignore pattern). Note that both '\' and '/' are accepted.
Visual Studio Code version 1.76.0 or higher.
To change extension settings, open your Visual Studio Code settings (File > Preferences > Settings), and search for "Project Structure". You can then:
.gitignore from the ignore patterns (true by default)
- Change the configuration/output folder (
_docs by default).
- Ignore and filter patterns can include (all or part of) relative paths, including (all or part of) file names and folder names.
- Accepted path delimiters include "/", "\" and "\\" (to make it compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac)
- lines starting with
# will be ignored in the
- Added option to change the configuration/output folder
- Added option to apply filter to output file
- Initial release of VSCode Project Structure.
Contributions are always welcome! If you have any ideas or suggestions for new features, feel free to open an issue or a pull request.
This extension is licensed under the MIT License.