Galactic Glow 🌌
A VSCode theme extension that brings the legendary galactic saga characters to your coding universe through Galactic Glow. Transform your coding environment into a galactic saga and embrace the shades of Darth Invader, Luke Skywriter, and more as you traverse through the code cosmos.
✨ Experience a truly immersive coding journey as Galactic Glow meticulously harmonizes every element—from the sidebar to the integrated terminal—with the chosen character theme.🚀
Switch between different character themes to experience the unique ambiance each one brings to your coding environment. Preview the themes below to find your favorite!
- Mace Windstorm: unlocked 🌠
- Artie-Detoo: unlocked 🛸
- Cee-Threepo: unlocked 🤖
- Darth Insidious: unlocked 🪐
Table of Contents
- Open the Extensions sidebar in VSCode.
View → Extensions.
- Search for
Galactic Glow, and install it.
- After installation, select the theme by navigating to
File → Preferences → Color Theme → Galactic Glow.
🌌 Quick Theme Change in VSCode 🎹
To enhance your coding experience with Galactic Glow, follow these easy steps:
Open Command Palette: Press
Ctrl+Shift+P (Windows/Linux) or
Cmd+Shift+P (macOS) to bring up the Command Palette.
Choose Theme: Type
Preferences: Color Theme and hit
Enter. This action will take you directly to the theme selection menu.
Select Galactic Glow: Scroll through the list or type the name of your desired Galactic Glow theme (like Darth Invader or Luke Skywriter) and press
Enter to apply it and immerse yourself in the galactic ambiance.
🕹️ Quick Shortcut
For an even quicker theme change:
Ctrl + K, then
Ctrl + T.
- This key combination instantly opens the theme selection menu. Choose your desired Galactic Glow theme from the dropdown and enjoy the transformation of your VSCode environment.
Recommended Font: JetBrains Mono ✍️
To elevate your coding experience with Galactic Glow, we recommend using the JetBrains Mono font. This font is designed specifically for developers, offering improved readability and a modern, clean aesthetic that complements the theme's character-inspired styles.
How to Install JetBrains Mono
- Download the latest version of JetBrains Mono from the official website.
- Unzip the downloaded archive.
- Install the font on your system:
- Windows: Right-click on the
.ttf files and select "Install".
- macOS: Double-click on the
.ttf files and press "Install Font".
- Linux: Place the
.ttf files into
/usr/share/fonts to install fonts system-wide) and run
fc-cache -f -v.
Setting JetBrains Mono in VSCode
After installing the font, set it as your editor's font in VSCode:
- Open VSCode settings (
Ctrl + , or
Cmd + , on macOS).
- Search for
JetBrains Mono as the first choice in the font list.
Editor: Font Ligatures is enabled to enjoy the full visual experience.
Below are my personal settings:
"editor.fontFamily": "'JetBrains Mono', 'Courier New', monospace",
Special Instructions for Linux Users 🐧
For Linux users, to fully experience the Galactic Glow theme as intended, you may need to enable certain features manually due to differences in how themes interact with the VSCode UI on Linux.
Enabling Custom Components
- Open the Command Palette with
Preferences: Open Settings (JSON) and press
- Add or modify the following settings:
- Save the settings and restart VSCode.
Galactic Glow is a multi-bundle theme extension created with the intention to visualize the essence of iconic galactic saga characters via coloring. Each character theme offers a unique coding ambiance to enhance your VSCode experience.
Encountered a bug or have a suggestion? Open an issue here and we'll look into it.
We welcome contributions from the community! If you'd like to contribute, feel free to fork the repository and submit a pull request. For major changes, please open an issue first to discuss what you would like to change.
This project is licensed under the GNU Affero General Public License v3.0 (AGPL-3.0) - see the LICENSE.txt file for details.
A special thanks to all the iconic characters from the galactic saga that inspired the color palettes of Galactic Glow.
- 0.2.2 (2023-11-27): Slight Improvements: Artie-Detoo, Cee-Threepo, Darth Insidious -> menu highlighting; Darth Invader -> added new color for advanced syntax highlighting
- 0.2.1 (2023-11-26): Major Improvements: Refined new character themes (Artie-Detoo, Cee-Threepo, Darth Insidious), Slight Improvements: Darth Invader menu highlighting, Updated the README.me (new graphics for the README.md file)
- 0.2.0 (2023-11-24): Major Improvements: Syntax highlighting for multiple characters, Three new characters added: Artie-Detoo, Cee-Threepo and Darth Insidious, Updated the README.me, added instructions for theme selection process.
- 0.1.5 (2023-11-05): Improved syntax highlighting for multiple characters; Improved the README manual for installing fonts and advanced linux integration"
- 0.1.4 (2023-11-05): Improved syntax highlighting for all the characters.
- 0.1.3 (2023-11-01): Color changes to Darth Invader and Luke Skywriter theme for better syntax highlighting and menu navigation - improved the colors to align more with the character; Minor changes to Boba Fret and Mace Windstorm | Extended range of colors for syntax highlighting
- 0.1.2 (2023-10-12): Minor changes to README.md file
- 0.1.1 (2023-10-12): New character theme introduction: Mace Windstorm.
- 0.1.0 (2023-10-12): Initial release of Galactic Glow(beta).
- How do I switch between different character themes?
- Navigate to
File → Preferences → Color Theme and select your desired character theme from Galactic Glow.
Feel free to reach out and follow on GitHub.