EarthLCD Visual Studio Code Extension for uploading and running Lua programs on EarthLCD ezLCD displays.
Open an empty project folder on your computer to create a new project folder.
Create a folder called "sd" in the root of your project. This allows you to segregate design files from files that need to transferred to your display.
Create any additional design folders in the project. These will be in the root of your project and not uploaded to your display.
Organize your workspace
- Create a folder called "sd" in the root of your project. This allows you to segregate design files from files that need to transferred to your display.
- Create any additional design folders in the project. These will be in the root of your project and not uploaded to your display.
Plug in your ezLCD-5035 to the USB port of your computer.
In the LCD View do the following (right-click on TreeView) to:
- Set LCD Root File System to your ezLCD drive letter
- Set Serial Port
Test Serial Port (The screen should turn off and on)
In the file explorer, right click on files in your "sd" and select "ezLCD Upload File(s)" to upload them to your display.
To run programs from your project folder
- Select explorer in the left task bar
- Select a program
- Right click program name in project folder and select ezLCD save all, upload and run.
To run a program without saving, select ezLCD, then ezLCD Run File on LCD.
Not yet implemented
- Send command to run program on your display.
Transfer project files from working directory to SD Card on ezLCD controller.
EarthLCD ezLCD-5035 LCD Display.
This extension is still in development.
- Settings are not saved
- Ability to start Lua program over the serial port is not working.
- Fixed issue that prevented serial port from opening.
- Serial monitor integrated into extension but its still not seemless.
- Fixed error that was being caused by serial port autoOpen defaulting to true and then opening an already open serial port.
- Fixed file copy on Linux (and maybe macOS)
- ezLCD Save All, Upload and Run
- Improved "Getting Started" instructions in README.MD
- Detection of old ezLCD-5035 VID/PID's
- Added visualization of hex data being sent to ezLCD when - executing run Lua file from sd command.
- Implemented run Lua file from SD card.
- Moved some context menu items onto submenus
- Renamed to extension to "ezLCD Studio" and renamed some commands for consistency.
- Added public facing screen shot so that it's visible in the - Microsoft Marketplace as well as on from the extension install screen.
- Moved several commands from the title menu to the item/context menu (right click on tree view)
- Attempted to fix Linux path issues so copy function works.
- Added detection of OS to try to fix Linux path issues.
- Serial communications to the ezLCD working.
- Added ability to transfer files from project to LCD SD Card
- Added VS Code Extension dependencies (Lua and MS Serial Terminal)
- Testing adding to microsoft marketplace