Algorand TEAL language support for Visual Studio Code
Just install the extension in your VS Code.
- Code completion - suggests opcodes while typing or activated manually with Ctrl+Space; includes documentation and snippets
- Signature help - opcodes signature information popup activated with Ctrl+Shift+Space
- Hover info - documentation appears when hovering over an opcode
- Code formatting (thanks to joe-p/tealfmt) - use unified TEAL formatting for your code with Shift+Alt+F
- Go to definition - jump to a referenced label with F12 or Ctrl+LMB
- Go to symbol - search and go to labels with Ctrl+Shift+O
- Document outline - see all the labels in the Outline view
- Syntax highlighting - semantic-aware code highlighting
- Rename symbol - rename labels directly or via references with F2
- Syntax validation - list syntax errors in the Problems tab
- Linting - detect and list common TEAL issues in the Problems tab
- Create missing label - add a missing label, referenced by opcodes with Ctrl+.
- Check for updates - automatically check for TEAL LSP server updates at startup and update optionally with a single button click
This extension depends on tealsp (TEAL LSP server). The LSP server should get automatically installed when then extension is activated.
Follow one of the instructions below if the automatic tealsp installation fails.
Install tealsp using Visual Studio Code command
- Install this Visual Studio Code extension
- Execute 'TEAL: Install/Update Tools' command
Install tealsp from a command line
GOPROXY=direct go install github.com/dragmz/teal/cmd/tealsp@latest
set GOPROXY=direct && go install github.com/dragmz/teal/cmd/tealsp@latest
Then install this Visual Studio Code extension