This extension allows you to quickly compile shaders with DXC/FXC and check generated DXIL/DXBC.
- Open a HLSL file.
- Run "Shader Inspector: Compile Shader Interactively" command (keybind Alt+I).
- Enter compilation parameters.
- (optional) When promted, agree to save the shader declaration to the shader file. This will allow you to skip manually entering all parameters later.
- Observe compiled a DXIL/DXBC listing, or a compile error.
- (optional) Edit your shader and run "Shader Inspector: Repeat Last Compilation" command (keybind Shift+Alt+O) to skip manually entering all parameters and recompile.
- (optional) Repeat steps 1-5 for any additional shaders you may have in your file to save additional shader declarations for later use.
When you'll have shader declarations saved, just run "Shader Inspector: Compile Shader" command (keybind Alt+O).
You must have Windows SDK or Vulkan SDK installed, or manually set compiler path in extension settings.