GPTConventionalCommit is a VS Code extension that uses OpenAI's GPT-3 to generate conventional commit messages based on the changes in your Git repository.
- Generates conventional commit messages based on the changes in your Git repository
- Uses OpenAI's GPT-3 to generate natural language commit messages
- Supports custom OpenAI API keys
- Adds a "Generate Commit Message" button to the Git panel
- Install the extension from the VS Code Marketplace
- Set your OpenAI API key in the extension's configuration (see below)
- Open the Git panel and select a file or files to commit (or git add files)
GptConvetionalCommit - Commit Message command, or click on in the Git panel to run the command
- Review and edit the commit message as needed
The extension can be configured using the following settings:
gptconventionalcommit.apiKey: Your OpenAI API key. If not set, the extension will use the default API key provided by OpenAI.
To set your API key, open the VS Code settings editor (
Cmd+,), search for "GPTConventionalCommit", and enter your API key in the "Api Key" field.
This extension is licensed under the MIT License. See the LICENSE file for details.