Code GPT: your coding sidekick!
Get Code Suggestions in real-time, right in your text editor using the official OpenAI API or others AI providers. To learn more, visit codegpt.co
👈 and read the installation instructions
BIG NEWS: CodeGPT has the ChatGPT API integrated: gpt-3.5-turbo and gpt-4
Important: To use GPT-4 you must request access to OpenAI in this link https://openai.com/product/gpt-4
Close and reopen the extension after updating. Or you can also use the command "Developer: Reload Window"
Find tips and share your experience in our communities:
Open the chat with the option in the menu and start chatting with your code 💬 Check all the documentation here: CodeGPT Chat
If you have any questions or problems you can ask in the communities or create an issue in this link:
Report an Issue
- Write a comment asking for a specific code
cmd + shift + i
- Use the code 😎
Select the code and then click on
This functionality allows you to get questions from Stackoverflow and compare the best human answer 🧠 with the answer from an artificial intelligence 🤖
Create a README.md with
Select the code and then click on
CodeGPT Chat: Open a chat interface with the icon in the extensions bar
Get Code: Create a comment asking for a specific code and CodeGPT will open a new Editor with the code (You don't need to write the code language. CodeGPT will detect it automatically).
Ask CodeGPT: CodeGPT will open a new Editor and respond the question.
Ask CodeGPT - code selected: Select the code and ask a question, CodeGPT will open a new Editor and respond the question.
Compile & Run CodeGPT: CodeGPT will compile and run your selected code.
Ask StackOverflow: Search for a question using the Stackoverflow API and Code GPT will show the best human answer and then the AI answer.
Explain CodeGPT: CodeGPT will open the chat section and explain the selected code.
Refactor CodeGPT: CodeGPT will open the chat section and refactor the selected code.
Document CodeGPT: CodeGPT will open the chat section and document the selected code.
Find Problems CodeGPT: CodeGPT will open the chat section and find any issue in the selected code.
Unit Test CodeGPT: CodeGPT will open the chat section and create unit tests of the selected code.
Store your API Key securely
Set API KEY: To save your API KEY securely.
Remove API KEY: To remove your API KEY.
Other extensions store the API Key in Settings. DO NOT SAVE SENSITIVE INFORMATION IN SETTINGS. We care about the security of your data
Code GPT extension is FREE but the APIs of artificial intelligence providers that it consumes can be PAID for. Please carefully review the installation instructions at https://docs.codegpt.co/docs/intro
Go to Settings > Extensions > CodeGPT
Complete the following information:
- New AI Provider: GPT4All
- Added OpenAI Organization ID
- Open a new tab with the chat code
- You don't need to reload the window when changing the settings
- OpenAI API Error messages
- New Anthropic models with 100.000 tokens
- Show the code language in markdown
- Move the chat code to the editor
- Integration with promptlayer (beta)
- Code Commit (beta)
- Copy entire chat message
- Information button about new updates
- Open the chat with Ask CodeGPT
- Timeout with OpenAI API fixed
- New AI Provider: Anthropic
- Scroll down fixed
- Stop responding button
- Fix close sidebar provider
- Explain, Refactor, Document, Find Problems & Unit Test work with CodeGPT Chat
- Chat start template
- Chat completion fixed
- VSCode Theme Support
- Keeps the conversation history if you switch tabs
- Button to clear the conversation
- Write letter by letter with "Stream"
- Button to copy the code to clipboard
- Use the chat with selected code
- GPT 4
- OpenAI API Error message
- CodeGPT Chat
- API ChatGPT: gpt-3.5-turbo and gpt-3.5-turbo-0301
- New AI Provider: AI21
- New design with the VSCode interface
- Interface improvement
- Better prompts to improve the response
- New feature: Search API (beta)
- Fix Terraform files
- New AI Provider: Cohere
- API Error handler
- Added webview to Explain and Document command
- Added Terraform, swift, shellscript language detection
- Supports VSCode version 1.73.0
- New feature: Compile & Run
- Added C, YAML and JSON language detection
- fix prompt Ask StackOverflow
- Added golang, powershell and react language detection
- Ask StackOverflow
- Webview StackOverflow
- API errors are shown in the editor message
- Added Korean, Polish and Turkish languages
- Improved Get Code command error message
- Added Chinese, Hebrew, Italian, Thai and Ukrainian languages
- Fix 'undefined' account error with OpenAI API
- New feature: Unit Test CodeGPT
- Added Arabic, German, Japanese and Russian languages
- Added new davinci-instruct-beta model
- Error handler with notifications
- README.md changes
- Secure API Key storage
- Added french language
- Added ProgressLocation Notification
- Added portuguese language
- Default model "text-davinci-003"
- The models "curie", "babbage" and "ada" are added
- Feature added Get Code
- Automatically detect the language being used
- Supported languages: English and Spanish
- OpenAI api error handling
- You can use Ask CodeGPT with selected code
For more datils about this extension, visit