CodeDiagram for VSCode (beta)
Code Diagram is a diagramming tool that lives inside your VSCode. It helps you to visualize your codebase, understand the architecture, and refactor faster.
Here is a short demo
How to use this extension
- Open the command palette (Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + P)
Code Diagram: Open Diagram
- Select some of your codes
Code Diagram: Snip Code
Voila! You have a diagram directly in your VSCode.
- Markdown is supported in the diagram
- The extension automatically saves and open your last diagram
- To save more diagrams, you can "Export" the diagram using the hamburger menu. Then saves the exported JSON wherever you want.
Why build this?
I'm writing codes just like you, and I'm a big fan of diagrams. I use diagrams to visualize my codebase, understand the architecture, and refactor faster.
However, none of the diagram tools that I use is good enough. I have to switch between my code editor and the diagram tool. It's a pain.
So, why not building a diagram tool that lives inside my code editor? That's why I build Code Diagram.
I love to hear your feedback
- My email is "email@example.com", feel free to drop me an email.
- You can also checkout the homepage https://www.codediagram.io, I'll write updates/news/roadmap about the tool there.
Happy coding! 🙌