HOI4 Mod Utilities
This extension add tools for Heart of Iron IV modding. Some of the tools may work on other Paradox games.
Support me on Patreon
- World map preview
- Focus tree preview
- Event tree preview
- Technology tree preview
.gfx file preview (sprites used by HOI4 are defined here)
.tga file preview (images files used by HOI4)
For feature details and user manual, please refer to HOI4 Mod Utilities Wiki.
Steps to start
- Install and enable this extension in VSCode.
- Update setting
hoi4ModUtilities.installPath (you can open settings page of VSCode using
Ctrl+,) to the folder that installed Heart of Iron IV.
- Open your mod develop folder.
- (Optional) Open command palette using
Ctrl+P. Use command
Select mod file to set working mod descriptor (the
- Use these entries:
- Command palette (
Preview World Map and
Preview HOI4 file*.
Preview HOI4 file ()* button on right-top tool bar of text editor.
- Open a
Preview HOI4 file () button/command is invisible, except on
.gfx, technology tree or national focus tree files.
World map preview
Focus tree preview
Event tree preview
Technology tree preview
GFX file preview
|Hearts of Iron IV install path. Without this, most features are broken.
|Whether to load DLC images when previewing files. Enabling this will use more memory (All DLCs are around 600MB).
|Path to the working
.mod file. This file is used to read replace_path. If not specified, will use first
.mod file in first folder of the workspace.
|Feature flags are used to disable or enable features. Reloading is required after changing this. Please refer to Wiki on Github for details.
- GUI of focus tree can't be configured like technology tree.
- Edge lines on world map not alway fit edge of colors.
- Event tree preview will duplicate events even they are same event if they are from different option.
Release Notes - [0.4.8]
- Remove context menu from preview panels.
If you have any suggestion, feel free to create issue on this Github repo.
If you want to contribute translation, feel free to create pull request to this Github repo. All localization related files are under
Thanks to all contributors listed here.
- If you feel this extension useful and want to support me, please visit my Patreon page. Your issues will get resolved faster if you are my Patrons.