VSCode KickAss (C64)
Visual Studio Code language support for C64 development with Kick Assembler.
This is heavily inspired by the Sublime KickAssembler (C64) package, coded by the almighty Swoffa from Noice. That's where the .tmLanguage file has been copied from.
Also very inspired by the vscode-kickassembler, made by Thomas Conté
Thanks to both of you!
Code like it's 1988!
- language configuration/syntax coloring
- some snippets
- build, run and debug commands
- support for VICE and C64 Debugger
Outputs all build artifacts into a
bin/ folder that will be created in the same folder as the currently opened file.
Also supports the Build, Run and Debug of a
Startup.asm file located in the same folder as the currently opened file.
Ideas for future releases
- support some configuration of build output and startup perhaps.
This extension contributes the following settings:
kickass-c64.kickAssJar: Full path to KickAss.jar
kickass-c64.javaBin: Full path to java binary
kickass-c64.viceBin: Full path to VICE binary
kickass-c64.useC64Debugger: Debug with C64 Debugger
kickass-c64.c64DebuggerBin: Full path to C64 Debugger binary
- Lots of missing features, but it seems to be working on OSX and Windows 10 now at least.
- Language server has no support for KickAss 3.x (only 4.x and 5.x).
How to contribute
- Visual Studio Code (with
dbaeumer.vscode-eslint extensions installed)
- nvm (download and install)
After you clone the repo, run
nvm install to get the latest node version
npm install to install all dependencies
code . to start coding...
If everything is setup correctly, the code should be automatically formatted correctly on each save.
Running the extension locally:
F5 to open a new window with the extension loaded.
- Create a new .asm file
- Verify that stuff works as expected.
- Relaunch the extension from the debug toolbar after making changes to the files listed above.
- You can also reload (
Cmd+R on Mac) the VS Code window load your changes.
Read more about extension development here.
Language server that displays errors in source files
Fix for flatmap-stream vulnerability
Support for some help when hovering over VIC and SID registers, illegal op-codes and preprocessor directives
Bugfix: compile stopped working if no symbol file existed
Added generation of .breakpoint file for debugger
Initial release of KickAss (C64)