Stackoverflow Instant Search - Visual Studio Code Extension
This extension adds a quick command to search Stackoverflow without leaving your favorite VS Code. You can find the command by name
stackoverflow search or by using the hotkeys
cmd+h on Mac or
ctrl+h on Windows,
h stands for
help. As an alternative you can execute search instantly from a context menu (select text -> right click -> Stackoverflow Search) or by using the hotkeys
cmd+shift+h on Mac or
ctrl+shift+h on Windows.
You can also narrow your search with tags by specifying them in square brackets (semicolon-separated), e.g.
- Stackoverflow instant search without leaving VS-Code
- Execute search with a search term preview (ctrl/cmd+h) or instantly (ctrl/cmd+shift+h)
- Browse search result by title and stats stats (Stackoverflow votes, answers, etc)
- Open selected post in a default browser
- Execute Google search as an option if no relevant results found
- Execute Stackoverflow search as an option if no relevant results found
This is an initial version of the Stackoverflow Instant Search extension.
Star and follow this public repository and please provide feedback, submit issues and PRs!
We use Stackexchange Search API. Please make sure you get your own key to contribute.