Accurics for Visual Studio Code
Accurics detects and mitigates risks in Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and reduces your attack surface before infrastructure is provisioned.
This extension seamlessly enables the scanning of your IAC files and folders through Visual Studio Code.
Accurics for Visual Studio Code extension supports Terraform, Kustomize, Helm & Kubernetes YAML. It uses Accurics CLI and Terrascan for scanning the IaC files and reports violations in the output window.
Accurics Extension operates in 2 modes
Standalone: Iac scans are performed locally within the VS Code environment. Results are displayed in the output window.
Integrated: Scan results are visible in Accurics Cloud Console. The Accurics Console offers rich capabilities for viewing various KPIs, Policy Violations and Drifts. It also offers seamless integration with various Developer Tools like Jira and Slack.
Launch Visual Studio Code and search for Accurics in the Extension Marketplace Workspace. Install the extension by selecting the install option.
During the installation, Accurics Extension downloads other dependent components and configures them locally.
- Launch the extension and select Mode as Standalone.
- Once the mode is selected, right-mouse-click on any IAC file
Accurics Scan. Select from the list of IaC types. Options available are
- Accurics extension performs the IaC scan and reports results in the output window of VS Code.
Launch the extension, select mode as Integrated and do the following steps
- Create an Accurics account.
- Login to the Accurics Console and create an Environment by following the steps in Environment creation wizard.
- Select Environment name and download the configuration file.
- Place the configuration file in a local folder for the extension.
- Once the config file has been downloaded, Run the
Accurics Configure command & select the downloaded file.
- right-mouse-click on any IAC file within VS Code workspace.
- Select desired option from the displayed scan commands.
- Specify appropriate command options in the prompted input field, if no command options are provided then the command runs without any option.
workspace take parameters equivalent to Terraform CLI
plan-all take parameters equivalent to Terragrunt CLI
plan cf takes parameters equivalent to CloudFormation CLI
The extension will perform the scan and report the results in output window as well as in Accurics Cloud Console
Currently, integrated scan is supported only for terraform file.
To remove the extension, bring up the Extensions view by clicking on the Extensions icon in the Activity Bar, select Accurics and click on Uninstall.