This is the README for extension "4s-navigation-tool".
This Visual Studio Code extension adds three commands to enhance your coding experience:
Go to Definition: Navigate to the definition of the selected word in your code.
Subword Search: Perform a search for the selected subword in the entire project.
Stack Overflow Search: search examples on Stack Overflow
To install the extension, follow these steps:
- Launch Visual Studio Code.
- Go to the Extensions view by clicking on the Extensions icon in the Activity Bar on the side of the window or use the keyboard shortcut
- Search for "4s-navigation-tool" in the Extensions view search box.
- Click on the extension in the search results and then click the Install button.
Go to Definition
- Place the cursor on a word in your code.
- Run the "Go to Definition" command by opening the Command Palette (
Ctrl+Shift+P) and typing "Go to Definition" or use the keyboard shortcut.
- Visual Studio Code will navigate to the definition of the selected word.
- Select a portion of text (subword) in your code.
- Run the "Subword Search" command by opening the Command Palette (
Ctrl+Shift+P) and typing "Subword Search" or use the keyboard shortcut.
- The "Find in Files" panel will open with the subword as the search term.
Stack Overflow Search
- Run the "Stack Overflow Search" command by opening the Command Palette (
Ctrl+Shift+P) and typing "Stack Overflow Search" or use the keyboard shortcut.
- Enter your Stack Overflow search query in the input box that appears.
- Your default web browser will open with a Stack Overflow search for the entered text.
Issues and Feedback
If you encounter any issues or have feedback, please feel free to create an issue on GitHub.