Azure IoT Edge Tools makes it easy to code, build, deploy, and debug your IoT Edge solutions in Visual Studio 2019, by providing a rich set of functionalities:
- New Azure IoT Edge project targeting different platforms (Linux amd64, Linux arm32v7, Windows amd64)
- Add a new IoT Edge module (C#/C) to solution
- Edit, build and debug IoT Edge modules locally on your Visual Studio machine
- Build and push docker images of IoT Edge modules
- Run IoT Edge modules in a local or remote simulator
- Manage IoT Edge devices and modules in IoT Hub (with Cloud Explorer)
The tutorial will be ready soon, currently you may refer to Use Visual Studio 2017 to develop and debug C# modules for Azure IoT Edge (Preview) since there's no big difference between the extension for VS 2017 and this one.
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or create an issue for questions, bugs or feature requests.
The product team is working on adding more features for Azure IoT Edge Visual Studio tools.
- More languages including Python, etc.
- Integrate with Azure Functions tools, Azure Stream Analytics tools to enable service module experience on IoT Edge in Visual Studio