- Clicking on the widget will now take you to the extension page on the VS Marketplace.
- Initial release.
This dashboard widget allows you to track your extension's downloads, ratings and downloads/day right from the VSTS/TFS dashboard!
- Track downloads/ratings of any extension - Visual Studio, VSTS/TFS extensions, and also Visual Studio Code extensions.
- Know how many users downloaded your extension today.
- Track the average rating and along with total number of ratings your extension has received.
Add to Dashboard
- Follow the steps explained here and select
Extension Download Monitor widget.
- Select the title for the widget. (Example: Extension Name)
- Select a size for the widget - Widget supports two sizes - 1x1 and 2x1.
If you are viewing the widget on a large screen or your extension's download count is big, it will be ideal to use size 2x1
- Select the background colour for the widget.
- Enter the item name of the extension.
Item name is ideally publisher.extensionId.
You can also get the item name from marketplace page of your extension. To get it from marketplace follow the below steps.
Browse to extension page in Visual Studio Marketplace.
itemName=value in the url as highlighted in screenshot below.
itemname for your extension. For example item name is
onlyutkarsh.ExportImportBuildDefinition in the above screenshot.
Found an issue or want to suggest a feature? Add them as issue here.