This open source project was inspiered by a question on StackOverflow:
After installing this extension you will currently have two new C++ project wizards:
- CMake C++ Executable Template
- CMake C++ Library Template
- CMake Clang Executable Template
They will generate some baisc C++ code, a root CMakeLists.txt and a CMakeSettings.json file in the given folders and then will use "Open Folder" on it.
The CMake settings use Ninja as a build system and it's recommended to have at least Visual Studio 2017 15.6 to get the expected results.
- Added clang template (needs a valid Clang for Windows installation in the default installation path).
- The newer versions of VS2017 >= 15.6 have a better support for the
ninja build system. Adapted the templates accordingly (no need to specify the VS compilers explicitly anymore).
- Cosmetic change: Added this project's icon to the wizards.
- The wizards now differentiate between
Solution directory/name and
- If a CMake project is already open/created, the "Add to solution" option will append/integrate the target in the existing CMake project
- Cosmetic change: Simplified the Wizard package icon to look better in small sizes
- Added basic CMake Library Template
- C# and CMake code clean-up
- Initial release
- Basic CMake Executable Template