The current release of IP*Works! Zip allows developers to easily integrate compression and decompression into applications using the Zip, Tar, Gzip, 7-Zip, Bzip2, ZCompress, or Jar standards for compression. The IP*Works! Zip components were built from the ground up combining exceptional speed with an excellent data compression ratio.
Major Compression Standards: Components support major compression and archiving standards including Zip, Jar, Gzip, 7-Zip, Bzip2, ZCompress, and Tar.
Blazing fast performance: High-performance libraries with optimizable speed and compression provides the utmost flexibility for developers.
Uniform & Extensible Design: Very easy to use, with a uniform, intuitive, and extensible design. Common component interfaces across platforms & technologies..
Industrial Strength AES Encryption: 128-bit, 192-bit, and 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption, compatible with WinZip 9.0
Outstanding Technical Support: Backed by an expert team of support professionals. Unlimited free Email support or paid Premium Support options.
Other Features...: Detailed documentation, hundreds of sample applications, fully-indexed help files, Royalty free licensing, and more.
IP*Works! Zip is a suite of robust, easy, fast, and effective components enabling developers to embed file and streaming compression into web or desktop applications. Supports major compression/decompression standards including Zip, Jar, Gzip, 7-Zip, Bzip2, ZCompress, and Tar.
- Streaming support during file compression/decompression.
- Delete individual files within and archive without decompressing the entire file.
- Zip file password encryption.
- Support for the Open XML Packaging format used in Office 2007.
- List the contents of Zip files without having to decompress.
- Configurable compression level and performance optimization based on either speed or compression ratio.
- Easily compress or decompress entire directories and their contents.
- Fast, robust, and reliable, the components consume a minimum of resources.
- PKZip-compatible Zip compressor for creating self-extracting archives for native Windows platforms.
- 128-bit, 192-bit, and 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption.
- Zip64 Archives support - 4GB+ zip files with virtually unlimited number of included files.
- Native development components for all supported platforms and component technologies.
- A complete unified framework with a common easy-to-learn object model and simplified interfaces allowing you to be more productive.
- Rigorously tested, rock solid components that have undergone hundreds of thousands of hours of testing both internally by our QA team and externally through customer installations.
- Detailed reference documentation, hundreds of sample applications, fully-indexed help files, and an extensive online knowledge base.
- Backed by multi-tier professional support, including free email support and enterprise-level paid support.
- Licensed by the US Government for export (ECCN classification)
IP*Works! Zip is available immediately for download or purchase directly from the /n software website at www.nsoftware.com. For more information about IP*Works! Zip, go to www.nsoftware.com/ipworks/zip/.