Silverlight Unit Test Adapter
Test adapter for Visual Studio 2012 to integrate Silverlight Unit Tests, based on the Silverlight Unit Test project type from the Silverlight Toolkit, using the native Test Explorer in Visual Studio 2012.
1.) Install the Silverlight Toolkit, which will provide the new "Silverlight Unit Test" project type fromhttp://silverlight.codeplex.com/
2.) Close Visual Studio 2012
3.) Install the extension via the link above.
How to have fun:
1.) Open any Silverlight solution with some Silverlight test projects and open the "Test Explorer" (TEST -> Windows -> Test Explorer)
2.) After the solution was loaded, the Test Explorer will automatically refresh (based on the number of projects this might take some time)
3.) The Test Explorer should now list all available test methods.
4.) Select one or more tests and run via right click or run all...
5.) Enjoy ;-)
StatLight will be used to execute the unit tests.
- Silverlight 4 support
- Visual Studio 2012 install path auto-detection during installation
- Adjustable timeout limit for StatLight
- Some more StatLight options to be configurable (Non-Silent-mode, Tag-Filter, Browser-Window size, Browserselection)
- Manual setting to define max. number of parallel tasks analyzing and testing the assemblies
- Enhanced task support / Performance improvements
- Add cancellation support
- Manual setting to add additional probing paths
- Fixed timeout for StatLight at 60 seconds, tests might be reported as "Not run" or "Failed"
- Silverlight 5-only support. Means only Silverlight 5 projects, testprojects, assemblyreferences, toolkit etc. are supported.
- No Silverlight 2,3,4 support - Silverlight 4 is planned
- StatLight will currently be executed in Silent-mode, so that UI-Control based tests might not succeed
- Visual Studio 2012 must be installed at the default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0)
- Currently while running tests they cannot be cancelled
- 3rd party assemblies which are referenced (except Silverlight Toolkit) need to be placed to the OutDir of the project (e.g. via CopyLocal option)
- "Debug Selected Test" option from Test Explorer is and cannot be supported. Technical limitation.