Your support is much appreciated!
This small extension will prevent the tool window with title "No Source Available" from appearing in Visual Studio, and preserve the focus on the currently active tab.
Alas, along with brilliant features such as IntelliTrace, Visual Studio otherwise displays a tab stating that it cannot find source code where to step into. This is obvious when simply pausing an idle application, therefore it forces the developer to close this window before getting back to the code he wants to modify, which may be a productivity killer.
Finding absolutely no solution/workaround despite an exhaustive digging created an immense frustration and at the same time a good reason to play with the Visual Studio Extensibility framework and accomplish the job myself :). The result is much fitter than what I could have done with AutoIT (probably an always running background loop checking for specific IDE windows through graphical pattern matching).
Let's hope this extension will be short-term lived as the Visual Studio development team adds an option to better control this behavior!
This extension should work with all locales of Visual Studio.
Feature requests are welcome here. Initial release page here. Official GitHub repository here. Contributions are welcome.
Note: Visual Studio 2010 support has been dropped due to limitations imposed by Microsoft's VSIX format to support Visual Studio 2017. The last stable release supporting Visual Studio 2010 can however be downloaded here.
Note: Visual Studio 2012 and 2013 support has been dropped due to new requirements imposed by Microsoft to speed up loading time with AsyncPackage. The last stable release supporting Visual Studio 2012 and 2013 can however be downloaded here.
- Fixed compatibility with VS 2015.
- Visual Studio 2019 support.
- Migrated codebase from VB to C#.
Distinguished contributor: reduckted
- Visual Studio 2017 support (no version # change to not force update in previous VS versions).
- Visual Studio 2015 support (no version # change to not force update in previous VS versions).
- Visual Studio 2013 support (no version # change to not force update in previous VS versions).
- Visual Studio 2012 support (no version # change to not force update in previous VS versions).
- Complete code rewrite using insight from ILSpy and Reflector. Now supporting all locales and preventing the tab from appearing rather than closing it.
- Removed the option to specify extra tab titles to be closed automatically as this is no longer needed. The feature can be reintroduced if some people still find a use for it.
- Performance improvements.
- Added Spanish support (in addition to existing English, German, French support).
- Added an option in Tools > Options > Disable No Source Available Tab to add a custom tab title that should be closed automatically.