Version number counter is a Release and Build pipeline tasks that can increment a version number.
The default version number should be saved as a variable in the release or build pipeline. The task will increment the number based on your configuration.
The following configuration can be made in the task:
- The saved version variable: The name of the variable that contains the version number. This version number should be in the format: ..*.
- Automatically update minor number: Checkbox if you want to automatically update the minor version (1.*.0) when the patch version reaches a certain amount.
- Maximum value of the patch number: The maximum number of the patch version number.
- Automatically update major number: Checkbox if you want to automatically update the major version (*.0.0) when the minor version reaches a certain amount.
- Maximum value of the minor number: The maximum number of the minor version number.
- Azure DevOps Personal Access Token: The personal access token that is used for updating the build definition.
The minimal permissions required for the PAT are:
For the documentation check the Wiki.
When you like the extension please leave a review. File a issues when you have suggestions or problems with the extension.
Make sure the application that is performing the actions has the appropriate rights for settings assignments.
||Small changes and updated icon