Trigger Azure DevOps Pipeline is an extension for triggering a Azure DevOps Build or Release Pipeline.
Depending on your choice in the task, it will trigger a build or a release pipeline.
To use the extension, an Azure DevOps API endpoint needs to be created. The token used in the endpoint should be Personal Access Token. How you can create a personal access token can be found here:
Make sure the personal access token has the following rights:
- Triggering a Release: Release – Read, write & execute – Build Read & Execute
- Triggering a Build: Read & Execute
For the service connection to work as it should, you need to configure the following parameters:
![Azure DevOps API Service Connection][serviceconnection]
The extension itself has the following parameters
- Azure DevOps service connection: The service connection that you have configured.
- Project: The project where the pipeline resides.
- Pipeline type: The type of pipeline (build / release).
- Release Definition: The definition to trigger.
- Release description: Description for the release. It can also be empty.
- Build Number: If you want to use a specific build number. It will set the build number for the primary artifact. When left empty it will take the latest build.
- Build Definition: The build definition to trigger.
- Branch: The name of the branch to trigger. When left empty, it will use the default configured branch.
- API version: The version of the API to use.
- Variable: JSON string representing the variables to set
For the documentation, check the wiki.
If you like the extension, please leave a review. File an issue when you have suggestions or if you experience problems with the extension.
||Added variable support
||Breaking change task now refers to Id and not name