Kaltura Templates for developing Adapters and Microservices
- New infrastructure to improve performance was added to all templates - removed IMicroserviceLoggerFactory and added Concurrency limiter.
- New health check was added to all templates – mandatory for the new CI pipeline.
- xunit XML logger was added – mandatory for the new CI pipeline.
- component_type.config File was moved from project level to the solution level on the following templates: PS EventHandler, PS Task, (generic) Microservice.
- New Template added! IngestAdapter
- SSO adapter – Added new Invoke interface method + added new BE implementation enum flag.
- Updated adapters to use cache configuration by default
- Upgraded all templates BE NuGets to version 5.3.5
- Added info logs of component version to all SOAP .NetCore adapters and of their Kaltura client library version
- Updated log4net format to contain the following XML elements: configuration, configSections
- Updated TCM parameters: URL: http://tcm.service.consul:9092 Application: OTT_API_SV to align to OneBox testing
- Task template, Program class - updated Task with specific namespace to resolve namespace conflict
- upgraded all BE NuGets to 5.3.4 to deal with a CBManager NuGet bug (Ticket was not opened)
New templates were added:
- CDN Adapter (Net Core 3.1)
- CDVR Adapter (Net Core 3.1)
- DRM Adapter (Net Core 3.1)
- PG Adapter (Net Core 3.1)
- Playback Adapter (Net Core 3.1)
- RE Adapter (Net Core 3.1)
- SSO Adapter (Net Core 3.1)
All new templates are align to Linux Readiness requirements
Old templates still being used:
- PS Event Handler (Net Core 3.1)
- Microservice (Net Core 3.1)
- PS Task (Net Core 3.1)
All other templates are deprecated – For now, their names were changed but soon, they will be removed:
- CDN Adapter (WCF) – DEPRECATED
- CDVR Adapter (WCF) – DEPRECATED
- DRM Adapter (WCF) – DEPRECATED
- PS Event Handler (DLL) – DEPRECATED
- Payment Gateway Adapater (WCF) – DEPRECATED
- Playback Adapter (WCF) – DEPRECATED
- Recommendation Engine Adapter (WCF) – DEPRECATED
- SSO Adapter (DLL) – DEPRECATED
- SSO Adapater (WCF) - DEPRECATED
- All WCF templates were updated with SoapAdaptersCommon version 184.108.40.20641
- WCF SSO template now implements new methods: Invoke, PreSignOut and PostSignOut.
- WCF SSO template implementation flags are now using a new enum.
- .Net Core templates - PS.OTT.Microservice was upgraded to version 1.30.4. As a result “Main” method in “Program” class is now async
- All templates - nuget.config was updated to the required CI/CD pipeline.
- All templates - Updated log4net pattern to receive LogDir that was updated from environment variable.
- WCF templates - Changed KLogger initialize method to: KLogger.InitLogger to support environment variable.
- .Net Core templates - PS.OTT.Microservice was upgraded to version 1.29.27 to support logs environment variable.
In WCF templates:
- Replaced TCMClient.Settings.Instance.Init() with ConfigurationManager.ApplicationConfiguration.Init()
- Upgraded all BE NuGets to version 5.3.3 except OTT Client
In .Net Core
- Upgraded PS.OTT.Microservice to 1.29.26 which was upgraded with latest BE NuGets version 5.3.3 except OTT Client
- Upgraded NuGet PS.OTT.Config.Repository to version 4.0.9 to all WCF templates to deal with exception being thrown if configuration in not found in CB.
- Aligned Couchbase Phoenix parameters names to: AppToken, AppId, PhoenixApiVersion.
- In WCF templates - Updated phoenix URL logic to take URL from TCM. If parameter also exists in CB - overwrite TCM value.
- In WCF templates - Enabled use of PhonixApiVersion - coming from CB configuration.
Upgrade Core.Microservice dependency up to 1.29.23 in all Microservices to allow multiply slashes in URL
The following NuGet are deprecated:
Instead we need to use:
- Change web.config modules to AspNetCoreModuleV2 for .NetCore applications
- Upgraded NuGet PS.OTT.Microservice to 1.29.22
- Upgraded KLogMonitor to version 220.127.116.1141 (WCF request ID logging fix)
- Change web.config running method to hostingModel="inprocess" for .NetCore applications
- Changed default configuration of SSO to enable implementation only for pre-signin
- upgraded NuGet for micro-serice projects to PS.OTT.Microservice to 1.29.21
- updated NuGet to new NuGet server https://nuget.rnd.ott.kaltura.com/v3/index.json
- MicroService.ConfigureServices changed to MicroService.ConfigureServicesAfterAddControllers in .NetCore applications
- Added missing NuGet to WCF projects - Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.Abstractions.3.1.1
- Removed external DLLs dependency on all WCF projects. ServiceExtensions and KlogMonitorHelper will now come from a Nuget.
- Upgraded KlogMonitor from 5.3.0 to 5.3.1
Upgraded PS.OTT.Microservice to version 1.29.7 which adds the following:
- Added Newtonsoft to force newtonsoft attributes to work.
- Default Phoenix calls timeout of 30 seconds
- Fixed kalturaclient tag name
- Added services.AddMemoryCache() to .NetCore applications
- Added Admin KS resolver to the service configurations in the .NetCore applications
- Added AdminKsResolver to .NetCore project
- Removed app.UseMvcWithDefaultRoute() – deprecated on .Net Core 3.1
- Updated PS.OTT.Microservice to version 1.29.4
- .Net Core application were upgraded from version 2.2 to 3.1
- .Net Framework was upgraded from 4.6.1 to 4.8
- All Nugets were update to latest ones including BE DLLs from version 5.2.8
- Validate signature on WCF adapter is now deprecated – NO VALIDATION WILL BE MADE.
- New Monitor.SVC was added to WCF projects. Currently only implements GetVersion() method but this will be expanded to more monitor capabilities.
Fixed Models and contracts (interfaces) not working with BE Nugets for the following templates:
- CDVR (recording) template
- Playback template
- RecmmendationEngine template
- SSO template
New BE NuGets are being used for WCF:
As a result, these NuGets deprecated:
Upgraded templates to use the new separated Logging NuGet “PS.OTT.Core.Logger” which is replacing PS.OTT.Core.MicroService.Infrastructure.Logging
Changed the deprecated “IHostingEnvironment” to “IWebHostEnvironment” in all templates (including the change in the Core.MicroService NuGet)
Micro-services are now using latest PS.OTT.Microservice version 1.29.2 @Yahor Kenda can you please list the changes you made in the last 2 month on this NuGet?
Missing log4net file was added to WCF SSO project
the log4net pattern that was altered along with the refactored of KLogMonitor.dll on BE version 5.2.8
- Micro-services templates now use PS.OTT.Core.MicroService NuGet version 1.28.5 which includes 2 new capabilities
- Added a new interface - IConfigurationKeyResolver - Enables micro-service the option to retrieve a parameter from the incoming header/body request to use in DI for configuration retrieval.
- Enable the health check API by enabling MVC default route - app.UseMvcWithDefaultRoute();
- updated microservice template to 1.26.3
- Added template for PS event handler using microservice