FREE: This extension extends Azure Boards with Roadmaps!
The standard version of Portfolio++™ allows users to show how their work rolls up to Epics and Features in Gantt Chart style views, across Projects.
Portfolio++™ processes an Epic's work-items and shows when 'the work' is happening by date or Iteration Path, across Projects by Date or individually in a Project's Iteration Path. Portfolio++™ also provides quality assurance metrics, on the 'Epic Status' tab.
If you would like our help building Roadmaps, please visit our Microsoft DevOps Consulting Services page here.
PAID: Upgrade to Portfolio++ Pro™, and add Program Management features. These features help Teams collaborate more effectively across Projects, e.g., showing Dependencies and Milestones. Portfolio++ Pro™ features are available on a subscription basis.
NOTE: At this time, Portfolio++ Pro™ is offered on a Trial basis. After 28 days, you will need to purchase a Paid Subscription either for an individual ($10 USD/month) or for your Organization ($200 USD/month). Please contact us at email@example.com for information regarding purchase plans.
|Create Roadmaps Across Projects
|Filter and Show Epic / Feature Timelines
|Drill-through to Boards from any View
|Epic Status for Quality Assurance
|Supports Agile, Scrum, and CMMI Process Templates
|Supports Custom Work Items
|Shows Tags on Work Items
|Filter Work Items, Types, Dates and save Views
|Print .PNG Snapshots
|Show Dependencies (Predecessors, Successors)
|Set Roadmap Epic Order
NOTE: Azure DevOps Server Installations may require additional changes to configuration settings to access Portfolio++™ endpoints. Please review here. Please contact us for support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Screenshots of Portfolio++™
Create a Roadmap
Define your Roadmap
Filter your Views
Save your View
Card Options: show Story Points, Item Counts, Tags, Dependencies (Pro)
Set Date Range
Epic Status - Quality Check
Screenshots of Portfolio++™
Set Project & Epic Sort Order
- Project Organization Administrator is required to install Portfolio++™
- Portfolio++™ requires Azure DevOps Services, Azure DevOps Server 2020 or Azure DevOps Server 2019 Update 1
- Users need Analytics permissions please refer to this document.
- Azure DevOps Organization settings for Boards/Process should be Agile or Scrum
- Roadmaps cannot cross Project Organizations.
- Roadmap permissions are managed through Azure DevOps Organization Settings, User Roles, Team affiliations, and Project Area access, i.e., if you have access to all the Project Areas that feed a Roadmap, then you can see it.
- In the Settings dialog, selecting ‘Manual’ requires that each Epic and Feature’s Start Date and Target Dates be defined, or be in an Iteration Path.
- In the Settings dialog, ‘Generated’ requires that at least one Epic or Feature’s backlog work item have been pulled into an Iteration.
Recommendations (Roadmaps work better when...)
- All work items are “parented” up to a Portfolio level work item, e.g. Epic or Feature, or Equivalent Custom Work Item)
- Refrain from type "nesting"; i.e. Epics that are children of Epics
- Backlog items should have Points or Hours (as appropriate) estimated when pulled into an Iteration Path
ADO 2019 pre-Update 1 is not supported.
We believe that Azure DevOps 2019 Update 1 works, with two known issues.
However, we do recommend that you upgrade to Azure DevOps 2020, or Azure Services. If you cannot, and you continue to have problems, please let us know by sending an email to info@iTrellis.com.
- "Hosted XML" - At this time, the Hosted XML Process Template is not supported. This Process Template type does not provide the API function that Portfolio++™ relies on. When you migrate your Hosted XML to the Inheritance Process, you will be able to use Portfolio++™ in Azure DevOps. Please reference the Microsoft documentation for the process upgrade guidance.
- "Large Projects" - We have identified a known issue with large Projects, e.g. Projects that have more than 10,000 work items due to limitations in Azure DevOps Analytics.
Documentation and Help
Release Notes and new Feature requests
We are actively iterating on this project, and we greatly appreciate the feedback we have received from this community. We continue to release new features, and your feedback helps us prioritize our work. Please help us by submitting bug and feature requests. We have received some great suggestions for improvements from this community, many of which are reflected in the updates below.
Please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- 4463: As a user, I want to manage my Portfolio++ Pro™ subscription and transactions through the customer self-service management portal.
- 4558: As a Portfolio++ Pro™ User, I want my custom Epic Sort Order to remain when I add or remove Epic from my Roadmap selection.
- 4526: As a user, I want to receive a warning message if the Analtyics feature is not enabled or if I do not have permission to access Analytics views.
- Added Portfolio++ Pro™ features:
- Custom Project/Epic Sort Order
- Dependency Management
- Milestone Management
- Fixed issue when printing Roadmap that was showing left-hand column cards titles as blank or awkwardly truncated.
- 3638: As a user, I want to be able to switch from showing progress on Roadmap and Feature Timelines bars from counts, to percent complete
- Refactoring: Fix miscellaneous UI bugs
- 3153: As a user, I want to be able to see my 'Tags' on my Roadmap and Timeline cards (progress bars)
- 3158: As a developer, I need to refactor our timeline views to show the tags on the Roadmap and Timeline cards
- 3370: As a user I want to be able to share my Roadmap with others, and 'Lock' it to limit the ability to edit the Roadmap
- 3408: As a user I want a filter bar menu to save filter selections + view preferences as "saved views"
- Refactoring: Fix issue for Azure Devops Server installations where the port number is not being included in the dynamically generated analytics queries
- Fixed an issue where searching for Epics in the Roadmap Settings panel was causing duplicate Epics to be displayed in the list
- 3274: As a user I would like to see Portfolio++™ in the Hub Groups in the side navigation so I do not have to open my Boards Hub to view Portfolio++™
- 3139 - As a user I want to be able to add custom Epic types to my Roadmap
- 3144 - As a user I want to be able to view custom Epics and Feature types in my Roadmaps
- 3505: Show Features in Generated View Mode if they are in an Iteration Path. No longer required to have subordinate work items in Iteration Paths to be visible
- Refactoring: View Framework and Query Parsing / Performance improvements for large Projects
- Fixed an issue where Epics are not filtering by Project under Project Settings
- Improved error handling for Work Items where Title is empty in Project Settings
- 2370: As a user I want to be able to print roadmaps, epic status, feature timelines from Portfolio++™
- 2797: As a user I want to filter what is shown in my timeline by setting a date range
- 3094: As a user I want Portfolio++™ to add support for virtual directory
- 3045: As a user, I want to be able to view the Epic/Feature timeline as a tab in the Team's backlogs view
- 3023: As a user I want to be able to use Portfolio++™ with the Scrum Process Template
- 3015: As a user, I want Portfolio++™ to add support for Azure Devops Server 2019
- 3028: As a user, I want Portfolio++™ to add browser support for Edge 44 and later releases
- 2731: As a user, I want the Roadmap Directory to use familiar Azure Devops Projects page layout and behavior
- 2738: As a user, I want to mark Roadmaps I created as private so only I can see them
- 2671: As a user, I want to understand the EULA and Privacy Statement for Portfolio++™
- 2662: As a user, I want to use standard forward and backward browser navigation in the extension
- 2765: As a user, I don’t want to see cards behind the headers when scrolling vertically
- 2806: As a user, I want Roadmap views and Epic Status to load faster
- 2811: As a user, on the Epic Status tab, I do not want to see a green check indicator on “empty Epics”
- 2806: As a user I want the Timeline and Epic Status views to load faster
- 2811: As a user I don't want to see a green check next to the Epic if there are no child work items defined
- 2765: As a user I don't want to see the cards in the Timelines behind the headers when scrolling vertically
- 2895: As a user, I want to see the User Story Modal utilize the maximum width of the screen.
- 2662: As a user I want to be able to use standard browser navigation in the extension